Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking at Nik HDR Efex - review  (Read 2171 times)

keith_cooper

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 473
    • Northlight Images
Looking at Nik HDR Efex - review
« on: February 23, 2011, 02:27:30 pm »

I've been having a look at Nik HDR Efex - very much written from the POV of someone who finds a lot of posted HDR images quite horrid to look at :-)  (YMMV ;-)

http://www.northlight-images.co.uk/reviews/plugins/nik_hdr.html

After some initial tests, I was not best taken with some of the rather unsubtle 'preset' adjustments. However after experimenting with use of control points and some night-time black and white shots, it's definitely a lot more useful.

Hope it's of interest!
Logged
bye for now -- Keith
[url=http://www.nor

wolfnowl

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5824
    • M&M's Musings
Re: Looking at Nik HDR Efex - review
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 01:01:34 am »

I'm NOT an 'HDR-look' person, and the canned presets don't do much for me.  Having said that, playing with the sliders does give some very good results, and I like the local adjustment tool.  I've tried Photomatix and I found the UI to be archaic; HDR-Efex Pro is much better in that respect.  YMMV!

Mike.
Logged
If your mind is attuned t
Pages: [1]   Go Up