Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lightroom 3-2.1 Question  (Read 2127 times)

bobby18301

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 23
Lightroom 3-2.1 Question
« on: August 11, 2010, 04:33:10 pm »

Do I have to un-install Lightroom3 before I install 3-2.1 (which I am downloading now)?
Logged

StuartOnline

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 404
    • Travels Photographer Stuart Schaefer
Re: Lightroom 3-2.1 Question
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 04:40:31 pm »

Do I have to un-install Lightroom3 before I install 3-2.1 (which I am downloading now)?

I downloaded 3.2 RC yesterday and it installed another copy.
So now I have the original 3.0 and 3.2 RC (release candidate).
So no you do not have to uninstall 3.0
Let me also add that I am running Lightroom on a Macbook Pro.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 07:58:30 pm by StuartOnline »
Logged

bobby18301

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 23
Re: Lightroom 3-2.1 Question
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 04:47:53 pm »

Thanks. I don't want two copies of the same program so I guess I will uninstall LR3. I suppose if I just waited for the actual release of 2.1 and went: help/check for updates it might just put 2.1 right over the top of LR3.
Logged

KeithR

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 789
Re: Lightroom 3-2.1 Question
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 05:05:00 pm »

When 2.1 is actually released, you will get the notification and it should just replace 3.0, but since it is a release candidate(and is pretty stable), it's not officially "released" I would not uninstall 3.0.
Logged
The destination is our goal but it’s the journey we experience

eliedinur

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 328
Re: Lightroom 3-2.1 Question
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2010, 05:40:39 pm »

It definitely overwrote 3.0 by me. Windows XP.
Logged
Roll over Ed Weston,
Tell Ansel Adams th

wolfnowl

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5824
    • M&M's Musings
Re: Lightroom 3-2.1 Question
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2010, 07:15:57 pm »

I believe Mac/Windows are different - separate installs for Mac, overwrite for Win.

Mike.
Logged
If your mind is attuned t

francois

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 14432
Re: Lightroom 3-2.1 Question
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2010, 02:54:39 am »

I believe Mac/Windows are different - separate installs for Mac, overwrite for Win.

Mike.
Yes, on Macs, after the installation the "old" 3.0 is left on the hard drive.
Logged
Francois
Pages: [1]   Go Up