When working on badge photography, I export the file out of LR2.5 into Photoshop CS4 work on the image squaring and straightening, Then do a 'save as' with the actual style number- M103, but not close the file. I will go on this way if I have a small number of badges, say 5. After all 5 have been worked on and 'save as' with their style numbers, I will go back and then start to size the badges to 100% and clean. After completing this task per each image, I will save the file again, hitting the 'save' button. HERE IS THE PROBLEM: the 'save' button saves the file with the original DSLR file name and an -edit added, throwing away my correct style number for the badge. It does so automatically, with out informing me or in anyway alerting me that this is happening. The name of the file will change in the title bar, when it does this, but that is all. I am not paying attention to this change, who does, I am doing a 'save' of a file called M103 and am not expecting it to be turned back to _DCS03089 (or whatever it was called). I am expecting the M103 to be M103 still, that is the purpose of a "save".
I can get around this by doing one of two things. Either saving the file with the M103 style number and closing it, then reopening it a few minutes later. Or doing a 'save as' after the 100% sizing step, in effect saving a M103 file with a "save as" as M103 again. Both of these options are a waste of my time and can add up depending on the number of badges.
Has anyone encountered this problem and might there be a fix that takes care of the problem
Thank you,
Brian