Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HP Print Preview is not enabled in Snow Leopard  (Read 2185 times)

brianrybolt

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 625
HP Print Preview is not enabled in Snow Leopard
« on: November 05, 2009, 07:57:24 am »

I installed Snow Leopard and followed the instruction assiduously to get the correct print drivers.  I have a Z3100 - 24inch, Raster driver.

I have tried to print using PS CS3 and LR 2.5 which I can do but I can't access the HP Print Preview which I use to position my images. When I click the 'Print Preview' button, it appears to spool but nothing happens after this.  I have downloaded from HP the HP Printer Utility but this had no influence.  

I'm at the point where I feel I might re-install 10.6 and see what happens.  I am more a photographer than a computer engineer and not really sure how to continue.  So far, HP hasn't been much help.  

Suggestions appreciated.

Cheers,
Brian

neil snape

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1446
    • http://www.neilsnape.com
HP Print Preview is not enabled in Snow Leopard
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2009, 09:30:10 am »

Quote from: brianrybolt
I installed Snow Leopard and followed the instruction assiduously to get the correct print drivers.  I have a Z3100 - 24inch, Raster driver.

I have tried to print using PS CS3 and LR 2.5 which I can do but I can't access the HP Print Preview which I use to position my images. When I click the 'Print Preview' button, it appears to spool but nothing happens after this.  I have downloaded from HP the HP Printer Utility but this had no influence.  

I'm at the point where I feel I might re-install 10.6 and see what happens.  I am more a photographer than a computer engineer and not really sure how to continue.  So far, HP hasn't been much help.  

Suggestions appreciated.

Cheers,
Brian



I haven't tried HP Print PReview in a while on Mac, but do use it for every print coming from Qimage on the same MAcBook Pro running Bootcamp.

It wouldn't be the first time the tags to Print Preview have been broken by updates. Few people use it so it's probably a detail that was not thoroughly tested.

I will try it later to see if it is working under 10.6 on the 3200 ( same API calls as the 3100)

Just tried. Preview works with Acrobat, but HP Print PReview does not work under Snow Leopard with either CS3 or CS4.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 10:30:22 am by neil snape »
Logged

Mark Potter

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 66
HP Print Preview is not enabled in Snow Leopard
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2009, 02:50:13 pm »

Quote from: brianrybolt
I installed Snow Leopard and followed the instruction assiduously to get the correct print drivers.  I have a Z3100 - 24inch, Raster driver.

I have tried to print using PS CS3 and LR 2.5 which I can do but I can't access the HP Print Preview which I use to position my images. When I click the 'Print Preview' button, it appears to spool but nothing happens after this.  I have downloaded from HP the HP Printer Utility but this had no influence.  

I'm at the point where I feel I might re-install 10.6 and see what happens.  I am more a photographer than a computer engineer and not really sure how to continue.  So far, HP hasn't been much help.  

Suggestions appreciated.

Cheers,
Brian


I discovered the same issue. Did you ever find out if the HP Preview should work or has been disabled?

Mark
Logged

brianrybolt

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 625
HP Print Preview is not enabled in Snow Leopard
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2009, 05:33:14 pm »

Quote from: Mark Potter
I discovered the same issue. Did you ever find out if the HP Preview should work or has been disabled?

Mark

Hello Mark,

It has been disabled in Snow Leopard.  Finally got it sorted but now am having different problems in that the printer does not (or visa versa) synch with LR printer dialogue about which paper I have loaded in the printer.  Printer says one thing while the Print Dialogue says another.  Also, my printer does not recognise when I have calibrated different papers.  In the Information section, it does not detect the calibration.

Feel like beating my head against the wall or better yet, the printer.

Cheers,

Brian

Misirlou

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 711
    • http://
HP Print Preview is not enabled in Snow Leopard
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2009, 06:38:42 pm »

I gave up trying to get SL to work well with my HP printer. I installed Windows 7 Ultimate on my fastest PC, and I'm now running copies of my Adobe packages in the XP Virtual Machine. Seems to work perfectly, and sidesteps the whole issue of not being able to turn off color management in the SL printer driver so that profile targets can be printed correctly. I suppose that might work on a SL machine running XP in Bootcamp or something.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up