Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Borderless Printing, Photoshop CS/Epson R280  (Read 1320 times)

larrytxeast

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4
Borderless Printing, Photoshop CS/Epson R280
« on: November 25, 2009, 11:51:50 pm »

I have an Epson R280 printer and Photoshop CS. (Okay, I know Photoshop CS is old.) I actually like full-frame prints best (where an 8x10 would actually be 6.7x10 inches with a "letterbox" white border) but I would like to know how to do borderless for occasions when people I'm making prints for request it.

What's funny is, using Photoshop CS and the Epson R280 driver, even with "borderless" checked in the R280 driver it still results in full-frame shots. The only way I see to make it do borderless is to change the Photoshop CS image-size (not paper-size) to 8x12, and click through the error message of "the image is larger than the paper's printable area; some clipping will occur." I have no problem with that, except it seems to be that the printer would be printing 2" worth of ink (12-10=2) on the printer rollers, even though I tell it that the PAPER size is 8x10. (I haven't noticed any mess in there, that I can SEE anyway, but it would seem to do that.)

Am I using the correct settings, or is it supposed to be something else?

LRH
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up