Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trouble with 9880 and Moab Entrada  (Read 957 times)

jschwieder

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4
Trouble with 9880 and Moab Entrada
« on: November 09, 2009, 11:38:24 am »

I'm having trouble getting a sharp print from a new 9880 on Moab Entrada paper. This is my 5th Epson printer and I've always had great results using Moab Entrada 190 natural with the stock Moab profiles. Now on this new machine, I see a 'watercolor' sort of effect especially noticable in mid-tones. This is evident while soft proofing in PS2 and in the final print.

I don't think it's the printer because I can get a sharp print using the 7800 profile for entrada on the 9880 (though the colors are off).

Initaially I suspected the profile but I've had 2 custom profiles made with the same results; poor sharpness.

It's not the paper. I've used the same roll on the 9880 then switched to the old 7800 and I'm getting sharp prints on the older printer.

Thanks for any ideas!
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up