Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Firewire Cables and "Boosters" Help  (Read 2577 times)

Snook

  • Guest
Firewire Cables and "Boosters" Help
« on: August 24, 2007, 09:53:40 am »

I have heard several people talking about fire wire cables and Booster to give them more length when shooting in studio.
Can anybody direct me to a page on B&H where they sell them? Or any other website please.
The longest cable I have found is 13ft through B&H.
Can anybody give a brief description as to what I need. Or any site that explains it in more detail to make that length longer.
Shooting with a 1DsMII by the way.
Thank you
Snook
Logged

Valhalla

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 11
Firewire Cables and "Boosters" Help
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2007, 11:12:19 am »

Take a look at this cable:  http://www.datapro.net/products/firewire-a...-extension.html  They claim long lengths for studio use.
Logged

Snook

  • Guest
Firewire Cables and "Boosters" Help
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2007, 11:56:33 am »

Quote
Take a look at this cable:  http://www.datapro.net/products/firewire-a...-extension.html  They claim long lengths for studio use.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=135269\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thanks Val... I appreciate it.. Have you ever bought anything from them?
Thanks Again...:+}
Snook
Logged

Lightbox

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 136
    • http://www.shaunquinlan.com
Firewire Cables and "Boosters" Help
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2007, 03:08:55 am »

I use one of http://www.trademe.co.nz/Computers/Cables/...5108005.htm?p=1these with Capture One Pro and my 5D, takes about 10 seconds to receive a RAW file once shot, works effortlessly although it ain't firewire, not to sure if you can find them on ebay?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 03:10:41 am by Lightbox »
Logged

RicAgu

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 267
Firewire Cables and "Boosters" Help
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2007, 01:18:27 pm »

EK,

The only cable to use is a Granite Digital Cable.  Flawless performance and as important as the digital back you buy if you're transferring files.

Their 30ft cables work with out a booster.  But I woud get two 16 footers and a booster in the middle for Canon.  With Phase I have no problem using a 30 ft cable to a tower plugged into a seperate PCI card.  On a laptop I have never used anything longer than their 16 footer with both Canon and Phase and have never had problems.

http://www.granitedigital.com

Best of Luck,

Ric
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up