Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: p25 firmware update on notebook computer  (Read 1652 times)

larryg

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 475
    • Larry gaskill photography
p25 firmware update on notebook computer
« on: July 22, 2007, 02:20:46 pm »

Trying to update to the newest firmware for P25 (contax mount)  Windows xp system  on notebook computer

I can't seem to get the new update to communicate with the back.

I tried tethered shooting (using battery on back) but no communication

I can hook up  back using fireware either by PC card adapter to firewire (no power to unit) or the 4 pin adapter and again no power to back from firewire.

I would assume that you need to lose the battery and get power from the firewire so that the back syncs with the firmware update??

Other than finding a desktop computer with firewire am I missing something.

It seems to me I was able connect before without this problem


Any help would be appreciated

Larry
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up