Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Printing CD/DVD on Epson 3800  (Read 5042 times)

plokhotnyuk

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3
Printing CD/DVD on Epson 3800
« on: June 07, 2007, 05:43:13 am »

Have anybody tried to print CD/DVD using Front Feed?

AFAIK Front Feed is intended for thick media (up to 1.5 mm thick).

P.S. Please do not beat me - I'm novice in pro printing.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 05:43:34 am by plokhotnyuk »
Logged

Per Ofverbeck

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 140
    • http://elgfoto.se
Printing CD/DVD on Epson 3800
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2007, 05:19:10 pm »

Quote
Have anybody tried to print CD/DVD using Front Feed?

AFAIK Front Feed is intended for thick media (up to 1.5 mm thick).

P.S. Please do not beat me - I'm novice in pro printing.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=121561\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Never tried, and never will; due to its shape and slipperiness, I very much doubt the disc would be gripped and fed properly, and a stray disc within the mechanism would be likely to wreak havoc, possibly ruining the printhead.

The old 2100 did have an adapter for printing on discs; it was a special holder that fixed the disc and prevented it from misfeeding.  Also, special software took care of keeping the ink feed to within the bounding circle of the disc, thus preventing smearing of the interior of the printer.
Logged
Per Ofverbeck
My

theophilus

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 155
Printing CD/DVD on Epson 3800
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2007, 05:21:47 pm »

I wouldn't try it.  There is no accessory tray to hold the CD and feed it correctly.

I have a Canon MP600 that you can switch the firmware to think it's European in order to print on CD's/DVD's.  Works great.  I bought the tray on ebay.
Logged

wpp

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 10
Printing CD/DVD on Epson 3800
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2007, 09:43:45 am »

On the Inkjet Art site they have a method for printing CDs on the Epson 4000 and the Epson 2400. This could be adapted to the 3800. A direct link to the article is http://www.inkjetart.com/Print_CD/
I hope this helps.

Peter
Logged

Ed Foster, Jr.

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 219
    • http://www.edfoster.net
Printing CD/DVD on Epson 3800
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2007, 10:26:34 am »

Quote
Have anybody tried to print CD/DVD using Front Feed?

AFAIK Front Feed is intended for thick media (up to 1.5 mm thick).

P.S. Please do not beat me - I'm novice in pro printing.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=121561\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
When faced with a similar need, I purchased an Epson R220 for $79.00 (with rebate at the time) for deidcated CD printing.  To date, I have printed nearly 200 cds with virtually full images and the carts are still half full.  The provided cd tray and epson's software for cd printing work flawlessly.

Good Luck,
Ed
Logged
Ed Foster, Jr.
[url=http://www.edfoster.
Pages: [1]   Go Up