Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Eizo CG210 software for calibration  (Read 659 times)

eronald

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 6689
    • My gallery on Instagram
Eizo CG210 software for calibration
« on: June 15, 2026, 08:18:21 pm »

Color Navigator 7 cannot calibrate my CG210 any more and the version 6 doesn't run on my Mac.
What does the calibration for this sRGB monitor do? Can I hardware-calibrate it on an older computer and will it then be locked to sRGB, or does it need a profile, and is this profile "portable" from an older Mac to a new one?

Edmund
Logged
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

Czornyj

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2050
    • zarzadzaniebarwa.pl
Re: Eizo CG210 software for calibration
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2026, 02:43:10 am »

Color Navigator 7 cannot calibrate my CG210 any more and the version 6 doesn't run on my Mac.
What does the calibration for this sRGB monitor do? Can I hardware-calibrate it on an older computer and will it then be locked to sRGB, or does it need a profile, and is this profile "portable" from an older Mac to a new one?

Edmund

You need to hardware calibrate it on older computer and copy the ICC profile created after calibration, they're universal and work on every system.
Logged
Marcin Kałuża | [URL=http://zarzadzaniebarwa

Kyle Jackson

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 532
    • Lone Leaf Photography
Re: Eizo CG210 software for calibration
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2026, 07:38:04 am »


What about using an earlier version of Colour Navigator 7 that supports the CG210? (assuming there is one)

Logged

eronald

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 6689
    • My gallery on Instagram
Re: Eizo CG210 software for calibration
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2026, 07:33:36 pm »

You need to hardware calibrate it on older computer and copy the ICC profile created after calibration, they're universal and work on every system.

I will do precisely as you say.

 Interestingly one of the selling points for ColorNavigator 7 seems to be that you can calibrate a monitor on one computer and use it on any other, so I assume that the profiles are generic, nowadays. I wonder how that works?

 My new Mac does have a CG210 profile that comes up when I connect it, but I'm not sure that would be the "right one" if I recalibrate the monitor.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2026, 08:21:39 pm by eronald »
Logged
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

eronald

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 6689
    • My gallery on Instagram
Re: Eizo CG210 software for calibration
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2026, 07:34:07 pm »

What about using an earlier version of Colour Navigator 7 that supports the CG210? (assuming there is one)

Doesn't support the CG210
Logged
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

Kyle Jackson

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 532
    • Lone Leaf Photography
Re: Eizo CG210 software for calibration
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2026, 07:47:50 pm »

Doesn't support the CG210

Ok now I'm confused...  ???  Your 1st post said "Color Navigator 7 cannot calibrate my CG210 any more", which to me meant that you were using CN7 before but then something changed and now it doesn't work anymore.

If that's not actually the case, then what were you using before if it wasn't CN7?
Logged

eronald

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 6689
    • My gallery on Instagram
Re: Eizo CG210 software for calibration
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2026, 08:19:44 pm »

Ok now I'm confused...  ???  Your 1st post said "Color Navigator 7 cannot calibrate my CG210 any more", which to me meant that you were using CN7 before but then something changed and now it doesn't work anymore.

If that's not actually the case, then what were you using before if it wasn't CN7?

I apologize for confusing you.
I meant the latest version of CN, V7,  doesn't support the CG210. The monitor was used by someone else for a while, and now I recovered it I wanted to calibrate it, looked on line, found ColorNavigator. My favorite software, namely Basiccolor is not available any more, and I never liked using i1Profiler for displays.

I have had no use for screen calibration on a daily basis because I do all my stuff on a 16" Macbook Pro, and the screen/print matches are usually good enough for my purposes. Before that I didn't print for about ten years.
 
The monitor was calibrated a long time ago by means of Basicccolor.
I guess one solution, after reading this thread, is to simply see if Basiccolor is still on an old machine and use it, and copy the profile. 

Edmund
Logged
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

Kyle Jackson

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 532
    • Lone Leaf Photography
Re: Eizo CG210 software for calibration
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2026, 08:29:13 pm »

Ah ok, I see now. Well if CN7 doesn't support the monitor at all, and you can't run CN6 on your machine, then I guess you'd need to try one of the other options. I'm surprised tho that CN6 doesn't run..., sounds like a Mac OS version issue?

Logged

eronald

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 6689
    • My gallery on Instagram
Re: Eizo CG210 software for calibration
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2026, 07:52:49 pm »

sounds like a Mac OS version issue?

I managed to run CN6 on 10.6.8 after setting the clock back. The certificate expired in 2018 so the installer wouldn't run.
(in the mean time I reallize I should have run "installer -allowUntrusted packagename")

Then I hardware calibrated the monitor @6500Kgamma2.2 with a deltaE00 on the basic tests of almost 3 after calibration
wtf?

Now I have the profile file, and tomorrow I'll move it to my current laptop.

Thx for the advice.

Edmund
« Last Edit: June 18, 2026, 08:02:58 pm by eronald »
Logged
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

Kyle Jackson

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 532
    • Lone Leaf Photography
Re: Eizo CG210 software for calibration
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2026, 07:46:40 am »

...on the basic tests of almost 3 after calibration
wtf?

Sorry I don't understand what you mean there ^^^^ .

Glad that you got the Eizo calibration software to work again tho  :)
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up