Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Michigan Mushrooms  (Read 7132 times)

MattBurt

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4132
  • Looking for that other shot
    • Matt Burt Photography
Michigan Mushrooms
« on: August 12, 2025, 11:54:49 am »

I've been spending some extra time with my mom in Michigan this summer. She lives in the woods and it's very different from here in dry Colorado. I've been especially enjoying the mushrooms. I got a new extension tube to try instead of my vintage macro lens on more modern glass and I like the results so far. Less to carry too!



Logged
-MattB

francois

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 14432
Re: Michigan Mushrooms
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2025, 01:22:43 am »

I like them both. Congrats for for going low to get an usual point of view…
Logged
Francois

MattBurt

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4132
  • Looking for that other shot
    • Matt Burt Photography
Re: Michigan Mushrooms
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2025, 11:26:09 am »

I like them both. Congrats for for going low to get an usual point of view…

Thanks! I love to show the gills, often the most interesting part (IMO). Gotta go low to get those. It also makes the mushroom look more grand and worthy of being the subject of an image...
Logged
-MattB

Jeremy Roussak

  • Administrator
  • Sr. Member
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 9263
    • site
Re: Michigan Mushrooms
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2025, 12:32:10 pm »

I like them both. I think the green background in the second is too bright, though: could you darken and desaturate it a little, and perhaps add a blur?

Jeremy
Logged

MattBurt

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4132
  • Looking for that other shot
    • Matt Burt Photography
Re: Michigan Mushrooms
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2025, 01:20:47 pm »

I like them both. I think the green background in the second is too bright, though: could you darken and desaturate it a little, and perhaps add a blur?

Jeremy

Yeah I don't disagree. I've already done a little of that but it could use some more.
Logged
-MattB

OnlyNorth

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1354
Re: Michigan Mushrooms
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2025, 01:51:32 pm »

I like Extension Tube !
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up