Subscribe for $1/month
Login
Videos
Luminous Landscape Home
Welcome,
Guest
. Please
login
or
register
.
Did you miss your
activation email
?
September 28, 2026, 06:37:10 pm
Home
Help
Search
Login (forum only)
Login (Subscriber)
Register
Luminous Landscape Home
Luminous Landscape Forum
>
Raw & Post Processing, Printing
>
Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks
>
Epson SC-P900 banding issue
Pages: [
1
]
Go Down
Print
Author
Topic: Epson SC-P900 banding issue (Read 5242 times)
PeterAit
Sr. Member
Offline
Posts: 4647
Epson SC-P900 banding issue
«
on:
May 26, 2025, 12:20:45 pm »
Hi,
My P900 has been idle for many months. I did a nozzle check which was OK, ink levels are fine. But I am getting banding on prints - see image. The bands are 12mm apart. I am using Ilford Gold Fiber Silk paper. Ideas?
Logged
Peter
www.peteraitken.com
digitaldog
Sr. Member
Offline
Posts: 21651
Andrew Rodney
Re: Epson SC-P900 banding issue
«
Reply #1 on:
May 26, 2025, 10:55:57 pm »
Maybe remove each cartridge, gently shake them, and try again.
Logged
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".
pluton
Full Member
Offline
Posts: 201
Re: Epson SC-P900 banding issue
«
Reply #2 on:
July 16, 2025, 04:04:42 pm »
I know this is months late for this thread, but based on Epson 3800/3880, uncheck bi-directional printing, which I think Epson calls "high speed" or something similar. Bi-directional frequently introduces banding in dark/black areas.
Logged
Crtaylor
Newbie
Offline
Posts: 1
Re: Epson SC-P900 banding issue
«
Reply #3 on:
July 27, 2025, 11:15:27 pm »
I solved this problem by using the printer touchscreen. Go to Menu, General Settings, Printer Settings. Scroll down to 'Thick Paper' and ensure it is ON. The default is OFF. I turn it to on every time I turn the printer on.
Logged
Print
Pages: [
1
]
Go Up
Luminous Landscape Forum
>
Raw & Post Processing, Printing
>
Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks
>
Epson SC-P900 banding issue
Loading...