Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hasselblad X2D II and 45p lens  (Read 5731 times)

Quentin

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1224
    • Quentin on Facebook
Hasselblad X2D II and 45p lens
« on: September 09, 2025, 04:54:52 am »

Dear All

I have not posted in a long time, but thought I'd get back "in the saddle" with this short post.

A few days ago, I traded in my Hasselblad X2D100C for the new Mk II version with Clifton Cameras UK. I'm still leaning the newly delivered, updated camera. 

I have noted that even after updating to the lastest firmware, the HCD45P lens is still not recognised.  A YouTube enthusiast also noted the same thing.  There may be other quirks, and the firmware numbering suggests it's still really a beta release.

Fortunately, my two other "original" Hasselblad HCD lenses, the 120mm Macro and HCD F3,5 30mm, are recognised.  My other lenses are from the current crop designed for the H2D onwards.

Has anyone else noted the same or other quirks?
Logged
Quentin Bargate, ARPS, Author, Arbitrator

Manoli

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2359
Re: Hasselblad X2D II and 45p lens
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2025, 06:42:26 am »

From Steve Hendrix, of CI
“The 45P will not continuous auto focus but will be able to utilise the new subject detection modes. Lens will need to be on firmware 1.3.6”

Is this your firmware?

Steve is particularly knowledgeable and helpful. If the firmware doesn’t solve your problem, I’d recommend sending him a PM - he has a deep well of experience to draw on.
Logged

Quentin

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1224
    • Quentin on Facebook
Re: Hasselblad X2D II and 45p lens
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2025, 07:26:57 am »

Thanks.

I solved the problem by mounting the 45P lens on my "old" X2D100C (it's not being collected by the dealer for part-exchange until tomorrow), which of course recognises it and then downloading and installing the up to date firmware on the lens before moving it back to the X2D Mk 2.   I could not see any way of updating the 45P lens firmware when it was attached to the X2DMk 2 because the lens was not recognised at all - and the firmware was out of date.

But all's well that ends well!  I guess I should have kept the 45P firmware up to date, but I had no way of knowing I'd have this issue.
Logged
Quentin Bargate, ARPS, Author, Arbitrator
Pages: [1]   Go Up