Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pro 2600 cut sheet border adjustment workaround  (Read 480 times)

sunnyherman

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 27
Pro 2600 cut sheet border adjustment workaround
« on: September 24, 2024, 06:02:21 pm »

I recently purchased the Pro 2600 and had been using the roll feed for prints. I decided to make some prints on 13" x 19" cut sheet paper and ran into a limitation with the size of the margins on cut sheet paper.

With roll paper you are provided the ability to fine tune the margins of your prints. There are "Up" and "Down" arrows for the top, bottom, and sides of the print borders that allow you to make fine, incremental  adjustments to the border sizes. However, when you select "Cut Sheet" prints you are provided with "Sliders" to adjust the border size. The issue with the sliders is that you have nowhere near the control of the margin sizes that is provided with roll paper. Slider movements are much more exaggerated so slider adjustments result in much larger incremental changes to the size of the margins. On the 13 x 19 sheet I was using, I was looking for @ a 0.75" border.  Moving the sliders provided for cut sheets initially resulted in borders of about an inch. In trying to move the slider to obtain a smaller border, the smallest adjustment I could achieve was going from @ an inch of space to @ a half inch.

I decided to try to switch back to the roll paper option with the depicted 13 x 19 paper on screen and use the up and down arrows that option provides. I was able to use the up and down arrows to get a .72" border. When I switched back to the Cut Sheet option, the borders on the 13 x 19 sheet stayed the same as I was able to get with the roll paper.

However, when I went to print the image with those borders PP&L displayed a caution that some of the image was outside the print area, which makes no sense to me. In reviewing the manual for the Pro 2600 it states that the minimum left and right  for cut sheets is 0.2" (I've included a screenshot of the page from the manual depicting the allowable cut sheet margins).

Any thoughts?

Logged

mearussi

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 805
Re: Pro 2600 cut sheet border adjustment workaround
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2024, 12:27:07 am »

Try to make a custom size. that way it should give you the option of adjusting the margins the way you want.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up