Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My medium format journey video  (Read 4394 times)

larkis

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 346
    • My website
My medium format journey video
« on: June 25, 2025, 12:31:25 pm »

I have been on the forum for quite some time, but never experimented with youtube. Here is a video about some medium format stuff that some people on here can potentially find interesting. I did add chapter markers so you don't have to put up with all of my rambling, I'm still trying to figure out how to to be comfortable on camera with English not being my first language.

Anyway, here is a link: https://youtu.be/dFopKG2yEjM

Some of the camera purchases over the years have been inspired by people on this forum, and some of you I have met in Antarctica in 2014.

Slobodan Blagojevic

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 18209
  • When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Re: My medium format journey video
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2025, 01:26:20 pm »

Thank you. Very useful.

Especially since we agree: Hasselblad X2D is going to be my lottery-winning splurge ;)

larkis

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 346
    • My website
Re: My medium format journey video
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2025, 03:59:56 pm »

It's very satisfying to shoot with, but I assume you would get a few cameras if you win the lottery. Or one unicorn fur edition Leica.

Chris Kern

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2205
    • Chris Kern's Eponymous Website
Re: My medium format journey video
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2025, 09:01:08 pm »

Here is a video about some medium format stuff that some people on here can potentially find interesting.

Clear, comprehensive, and well-expressed.  Medium format is not for me, but I have a much better appreciation for its strengths after watching your video.

bobfriedman

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 363
Re: My medium format journey video
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2025, 05:37:54 am »

very interesting video.. I am completely sold on medium format and wish I could afford full-frame (phase one)... perhaps someday soon.
Logged
Bob Friedman
pbase.com/bobfriedman
Pages: [1]   Go Up