Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using two monitors to edit Photoshop CC Classic (Mac)  (Read 2794 times)

tsinsf

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 227
Using two monitors to edit Photoshop CC Classic (Mac)
« on: November 16, 2020, 12:56:20 am »

Can anybody recommend some good sources for info on how to best do this? I would like to have the photo open on one screen and all the panels and tools on another screen. I learn best from videos so that would be ideal. I've spent lots of time googling this and haven't found anything useful. Most of the info that pops up is how to set up two monitors, with no specific info about how to use Photoshop using two monitors. Thank you!
Logged

Jeremy Roussak

  • Administrator
  • Sr. Member
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 9263
    • site
Re: Using two monitors to edit Photoshop CC Classic (Mac)
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2020, 04:19:01 am »

What difficulty are you having? If you connect two monitors, and (in the Displays panel of System Preferences) ensure that they're not mirrored, you have a large virtual desktop spread over the pair. Move PS's palettes to one monitor, open its main window on the other, and away you go. The positioning should be preserved between launches.

Jeremy
Logged

mcbroomf

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1627
    • Mike Broomfield
Re: Using two monitors to edit Photoshop CC Classic (Mac)
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2020, 06:44:39 am »

Despite the fact that it should be preserved it's a good idea to save the workspace and lock it.  Go to Window -> Workspace and you will see the options for New Workspace and Lock Workspace.  Once you have the palettes in the right position and size I suggest doing both.

Mike
Logged

digitaldog

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 21652
  • Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
Re: Using two monitors to edit Photoshop CC Classic (Mac)
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2020, 09:21:49 am »

Photoshop has supported multiple displays for decades.
What OS are you using and what specifically do you wish to accomplish?
One can for example have some or all palettes on display 1 and use display 2 with just the image.
Logged
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

tsinsf

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 227
Re: Using two monitors to edit Photoshop CC Classic (Mac)
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2020, 11:43:42 am »

Thank you all for the comments. I didn't realize it was that easy! In my googling I came across a Julianne Kost video on using Lightroom with two screens and discovered it has some built in software to facilitate that and I thought perhaps Photoshop had the same. I have a Mac and my desire is to have all the panels and tools on one moniter and the photo on another. I have already accomplished that. End of story.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2020, 11:48:19 am by tsinsf »
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up