Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Precision?  (Read 1517 times)

Jeremy Roussak

  • Administrator
  • Sr. Member
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 9264
    • site
Precision?
« on: September 12, 2020, 06:11:39 am »

Topaz AI sharpener can give impressive results. It can add apparent sharpness not only to the image, but to the exposure compensation.

(The screenshot is from LR, after a round trip to AIS; the actual compensation is -2⅔, of course).

Jeremy
Logged

francois

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 14435
Re: Precision?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2020, 09:01:16 am »

I have a hard time figuring out the result… I need some more math practice.  ;D
Logged
Francois

mcbroomf

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1627
    • Mike Broomfield
Re: Precision?
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2020, 10:06:57 am »

So much for the I in AI
Logged

Bart_van_der_Wolf

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 8919
Re: Precision?
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2020, 03:08:54 pm »

I have a hard time figuring out the result… I need some more math practice.  ;D

It would equate to -1.587401141689588540762629837959780006406416839626989044763769087384468296718276323978109721256702049 , approximately.

The subscript positioning of some characters in the screenshot is puzzling though ...
Logged
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Peano

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 173
    • Radiant Pics
Re: Precision?
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2020, 08:03:13 pm »

Sheldon Cooper, call your office.

rdonson

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3263
Re: Precision?
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2020, 09:01:47 pm »

Sheldon Cooper, call your office.

ROTFLMAO
Logged
Regards,
Ron

Jeremy Roussak

  • Administrator
  • Sr. Member
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 9264
    • site
Re: Precision?
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2020, 03:44:59 am »

It would equate to -1.587401141689588540762629837959780006406416839626989044763769087384468296718276323978109721256702049 , approximately.

The subscript positioning of some characters in the screenshot is puzzling though ...

I don't know how you get to that result, Bart: 53687/80531 (using just the first few numbers) is 0.66666. It's plainly just a rounding error, but I found it amusing.

You're certainly right about the positioning, though.

Jeremy
Logged

Arlen

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1733
Re: Precision?
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2020, 02:56:11 pm »

It is pretty funny. And it does look somewhat like an exponent, as written; hence Bart's number.
Logged

francois

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 14435
Re: Precision?
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2020, 09:08:51 am »

It would equate to -1.587401141689588540762629837959780006406416839626989044763769087384468296718276323978109721256702049 , approximately.

The subscript positioning of some characters in the screenshot is puzzling though ...

Thanks Bart but for my weary eyes it's too much (or too many digits)…
Logged
Francois

Eric Myrvaagnes

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 22813
  • http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
Re: Precision?
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2020, 09:50:56 am »

So much for the I in AI
I think the I stands for Imbecility.
Logged
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

Jeremy Roussak

  • Administrator
  • Sr. Member
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 9264
    • site
Re: Precision?
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2020, 01:28:58 pm »

I think the I stands for Imbecility.

The world has no need for artificial imbecility. As Eric Idle sang,

So remember, when you're feeling very small and insecure,
How amazingly unlikely is your birth;
And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere out in space,
'Cause there's bugger all down here on Earth!

Jeremy
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up