Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Morning in Tuscany  (Read 647 times)

Hans Kruse

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2107
    • Hans Kruse Photography
Morning in Tuscany
« on: May 03, 2020, 07:10:13 am »

A wonderful morning in Tuscany with cypress trees which are kind of symbolic for Tuscany, I guess. I'm doing fine here in Denmark where we can go out and take a walk anywhere we want, almost. I know that in many parts of the world it is not like this and it is really heart breaking to see the news every day about the consequences of the pandemic. I have asked my hotels in Italy about the status and they are all good and well except lack of guests, of course. Yesterday was the day that was supposed to start my Tuscany May 2020 workshop, but this was not to be. One of the worst consequences of the pandemic is that I have to cancel my workshops. Fortunately I'm not financially dependt on doing them, but I'm really feeling sad for all those workshop organizers that are and have no business now. I wish this will be over and that we can look back at this like a nightmare, but of coruse we all know this not going to happen anytime soon.

Morning in Tuscany by Hans Kruse, on Flickr

francois

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 14432
Re: Morning in Tuscany
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2020, 11:35:19 am »

What an intense sun light… I love it.
Too bad about the workshops, I hope that you can restart them soon!
Logged
Francois

Eric Myrvaagnes

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 22813
  • http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
Re: Morning in Tuscany
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2020, 01:16:23 pm »

What an intense sun light… I love it.
Too bad about the workshops, I hope that you can restart them soon!
+1.
Logged
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

Paulo Bizarro

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 7522
    • http://www.paulobizarro.com
Re: Morning in Tuscany
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2020, 04:48:29 am »

Good one.

Hans Kruse

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2107
    • Hans Kruse Photography
Re: Morning in Tuscany
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2020, 06:55:57 am »

Thanks :)

Dave (Isle of Skye)

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2628
  • I've even written a book about it
    • SkyePhotoGuide.com
Re: Morning in Tuscany
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2020, 05:02:21 pm »

OK the whiteish area around the sun is a little blown and sharp edged, but who cares as the image still works very nicely.

Have you thought about lifting some of the brighter coloured area from just near to the sun and dropping it in over the blown out area using a luminosity mask or something? Or perhaps using the "blend if" layer mixing option??

But only a nitpick, so obviously feel free to ignore this latter comment  :)

Dave
Logged

OnlyNorth

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1354
Re: Morning in Tuscany
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2020, 12:07:56 pm »

Beautiful!
Logged

Hans Kruse

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2107
    • Hans Kruse Photography
Re: Morning in Tuscany
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2020, 12:16:47 pm »

OK the whiteish area around the sun is a little blown and sharp edged, but who cares as the image still works very nicely.

Have you thought about lifting some of the brighter coloured area from just near to the sun and dropping it in over the blown out area using a luminosity mask or something? Or perhaps using the "blend if" layer mixing option??

But only a nitpick, so obviously feel free to ignore this latter comment  :)

Dave

Thanks Dave for your comments. No I have not considered what you suggested. I did not even think of it. :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up