Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Interface  (Read 358 times)

David Eckels

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3529
  • It's just a camera.
    • Website
Interface
« on: April 06, 2020, 11:26:15 am »

.

Eric Myrvaagnes

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 22813
  • http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
Re: Interface
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2020, 06:04:01 pm »

Nice.
Logged
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

David Eckels

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3529
  • It's just a camera.
    • Website
Re: Interface
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2020, 07:48:36 pm »

Thanks, Eric. Marinas are such fun venues.

Rob C

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 25143
Re: Interface
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2020, 04:55:51 am »

Thanks, Eric. Marinas are such fun venues.

It's creeping into the past tense: with so many non-ferric boats being produced these days, we shall soon remember rust, paint and their combined beauty (if you don't own it) as but opportunities of a bygone age.

Nice shot. I told this one before, but here it goes again: I was friendly with the skipper of a boat in the local marina, and during the winter, when he was alone and bored, I'd see him pottering about as I went past his mooring on my daily postrandial walks, and we'd chat for a few minutes. He asked me what I did with a camera on these walks and I gave him my website address. Weeks later he stopped me and said that they wanted to buy a blowup of one of my marine decay shots for the boat. Sadly, the one they wanted was from the cellphone and could not be enlarged to fit the space they desired... that was the last time I used the cellphone for anything other than copying closing times of shops etc.

Before the argument starts, the cell's an old Samsung Galaxy, and no, no intention of buying an iPhone or anything else for as long as this thing keeps working as a 'phone. Apart from the image being virtually impossible to see outdoors, making the click is the most stupidly inept bit of ergonomics ever, every bit as dumb as with the iPad. If they want to play cameras, provide a real button on one of the edges of the casing, not force you to fumble on the screen, for which you should come equipped with three hands.

David Eckels

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3529
  • It's just a camera.
    • Website
Re: Interface
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2020, 11:52:30 am »

Thanks Rob. I agree that cell phone shooting is awkward. A real camera has a shutter button and a viewfinder. As for cell phone pics, I believe I have shot a (very) few good ones, but nobody has ever wanted a copy!  :( :'(

Slobodan Blagojevic

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 18209
  • When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Re: Interface
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2020, 12:48:35 pm »

Nice composition and idea. A bit oversaturated for my taste, though.

David Eckels

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3529
  • It's just a camera.
    • Website
Re: Interface
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2020, 12:57:19 pm »

Thanks Slobodan. I agree. I think the sRGB conversion probably blew the red channel. In ProPhoto on LR/PS it looks like it's not blown. I would need to print test strips to get it right  as I don't trust my ability to soft proof.
Pages: [1]   Go Up