Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ilford Galerie Crystal Gloss  (Read 1280 times)

texshooter

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 582
Ilford Galerie Crystal Gloss
« on: March 21, 2019, 10:10:18 pm »

Has anyone tried Ilford's Galerie Crystal Gloss RC 290gsm paper (product code GCG)?  I can't find any information about it online, and B&H doesn't sell it.  I don't think it is a true metallic paper because Ilford already sells a metallic variety called Galerie Metallic Gloss (product code: GPMG).  Ilford used to make the world's glossiest non-metallic RC paper, Galerie Smooth High Gloss, several years back before discontinuing it.  Could the Crystal Gloss be its reincarnation?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2019, 10:47:21 pm by texshooter »
Logged

I.T. Supplies

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 529
Re: Ilford Galerie Crystal Gloss
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2019, 01:10:17 pm »

To be honest, I don't know if it's worth dealing with Ilford.  They may state they have something in stock in the USA, but can take a while to reply to a reseller after confirming an order and inform us that it's on back order for a month or so.  They are not accurate and their inventory comes from Australia where the new owner is located.  The shipments from the plant still ship from Europe, so it's a pretty long transit time (at least for the US).

This may be a fairly new product which may not be announced in the states, but I do see it on their site.  There are many types of metallic papers out right now and it's between luster (pearl), gloss and silver that we offer.  About 7 different brands with at least 2 versions each.

I'm not familiar with their Crystal Gloss since it was probably before I started at the company, but it may be possible as the RC version.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up