Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson Velvet Fine Art Paper..???  (Read 6592 times)

pikeys

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 234
    • My Pics
Epson Velvet Fine Art Paper..???
« on: March 10, 2019, 08:03:53 pm »

I just inherited about 200 sheets of the above paper,and I'm trying to get the ICC profile for my Canon pro-10.
I did manage to print a few test shots ,using.."let printer handle color",oddly enough ,they came out pretty good.,almost a perfect match to my monitor.
Does anyone know ,where I can get an ICC profile made for my printer,or,should I just go ahead ,and have a a custom profile made???
Any suggestions will be appreciated,
Mike
Logged

Mark D Segal

  • Contributor
  • Sr. Member
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12525
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
Re: Epson Velvet Fine Art Paper..???
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2019, 08:15:25 pm »

Andrew Rodney (Digital Dog) makes custom profiles.

Before buying a custom profile, you may wish to try something that's free. This link provides the 3rd party paper profiles that Canon can supply for your printer model. Epson paper isn't in the list, but if you can find one on the list that is very similar to Epson Velvet Fine Art, its profile may work well enough for your requirements. I don't know which of them would be suitable, but perhaps other readers know of a paper on this list that serves as a close substitute for Epson Velvet Fine Art. If this doesn't work, I'd recommend either remaining with printer colour management or ordering a custom profile.
Logged
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

Mark D Segal

  • Contributor
  • Sr. Member
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12525
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
Re: Epson Velvet Fine Art Paper..???
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2019, 08:24:48 pm »

Perhaps try this one: profile for Moab Somerset Enhanced Velvet:

https://www.moabpaper.com/icc-profiles-downloads/; you'll find the profile download for your printer at the bottom of the list once you enter the printer brand and model.

I've seen one comment that the paper is close to Epson Velvet.
Logged
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

pikeys

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 234
    • My Pics
Re: Epson Velvet Fine Art Paper..???
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2019, 09:04:01 pm »

Thanks Mark-your the best!!!!--I've give it a shot tomorrow,and let you know , my results.

Mike
Logged

Mark D Segal

  • Contributor
  • Sr. Member
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12525
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
Re: Epson Velvet Fine Art Paper..???
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2019, 09:13:10 pm »

Yes, please do let us know how it works out.
Logged
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

mfrohman

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 111
Re: Epson Velvet Fine Art Paper..???
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2019, 09:48:25 pm »

I second that Somerset Velvet is very close. I use both of these papers all the time, the fine art velvet on an epson p800 and the somerset on z3200s. Same files on both papers look quite similar.
Logged
2 x HP Z3200, Canon 4100, Epson p-800

Mark D Segal

  • Contributor
  • Sr. Member
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12525
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
Re: Epson Velvet Fine Art Paper..???
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2019, 09:50:49 pm »

Nice!
Logged
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

pikeys

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 234
    • My Pics
Re: Epson Velvet Fine Art Paper..???
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2019, 09:43:41 am »

Mark,
Just to let you know-the Moab ICC profile ,gives me a perfect match.

Thanks Again,
Mike
Logged

Mark D Segal

  • Contributor
  • Sr. Member
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12525
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
Re: Epson Velvet Fine Art Paper..???
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2019, 09:53:28 am »

Ah, super; glad to hear it works.
Logged
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

I.T. Supplies

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 529
Re: Epson Velvet Fine Art Paper..???
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2019, 11:11:27 am »

Mike,

Feel free to contact us as well as we also make the custom profiles, and use a few high end devices (X-Rite ISIS 2 Scanner as well as Barbiere).  Our service cost is pretty affordable for high quality custom profiles.

But if other manufacturer profiles work for you on the paper, great!

IT Supplies
Logged

pikeys

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 234
    • My Pics
Re: Epson Velvet Fine Art Paper..???
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2019, 11:33:02 am »

Thanks I.T.;will do.

Mike
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up