Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon iPG PRO-4000 big bubbles in ink lines  (Read 1164 times)

Ryan Mack

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 341
    • Ryan Mack on Facebook
Canon iPG PRO-4000 big bubbles in ink lines
« on: February 19, 2019, 10:08:26 am »

The 6 visible ink lines coming from the left of the printer to the print head have always had a lot of bubbles in them (see attached image). It's never seemed to cause any issues so I have to imagine that the bubbles somehow escape as ink goes into the sub-ink tank before getting to the head. But I figured I'd ask if anyone else is seeing this and if I need to call support before these migrate to the head.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 10:29:56 am by Ryan Mack »
Logged

dehnhaide

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 87
Re: Canon iPG PRO-4000 big bubbles in ink lines
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2019, 10:28:49 am »

I can confirm they look the same in my PRO-2000. No need to worry I suppose! I am not at home to send you a confirmation shot but clearly remember seeing those bubbles and wondering myself about them too.
Logged

Panagiotis

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 450
    • Fine Art Print
Re: Canon iPG PRO-4000 big bubbles in ink lines
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2019, 03:58:54 am »

The 6 visible ink lines coming from the left of the printer to the print head have always had a lot of bubbles in them (see attached image). It's never seemed to cause any issues so I have to imagine that the bubbles somehow escape as ink goes into the sub-ink tank before getting to the head. But I figured I'd ask if anyone else is seeing this and if I need to call support before these migrate to the head.

Mine it's not like this. See attached picture. There are some very small bubbles in the back lines though. The printer is new on its first set of ink cartridges.

EDIT: I just remembered something. I updated the firmware from 1.17 to 2.09 immediately after installation and the initial head alignment. The 2.09 version was about "Optimization of operation in ink supplying". I don't know if it has something to do with the bubbles though.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 04:03:59 am by Panagiotis »
Logged

dehnhaide

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 87
Re: Canon iPG PRO-4000 big bubbles in ink lines
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2019, 04:10:41 am »

Here is my bubbleland before turning the printer on actually! I have turned it on now and guess what? "Agitating ink! Please wait!"

I will get back with a picture once it's done to see if there is any difference, since I suspect agitating the ink might be the "culprit"! ;)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Logged

dehnhaide

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 87
Re: Canon iPG PRO-4000 big bubbles in ink lines
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2019, 04:14:54 am »

Same bubbleland after agitating the ink... Why do we even bother about those bubbles since the machine is behaving and the prints are stunning?! That's Canon's internal kitchen and they know it better!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up