Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cleaning the Wiper Blade - SC-P7000  (Read 809 times)

Garnick

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1229
Cleaning the Wiper Blade - SC-P7000
« on: December 27, 2018, 07:54:40 am »

Hello all,

About 6 months after I took possession of the SC-P7000 (July 2017) I had a reason to check the wiper blade and perhaps clean it, as I had done many times with the SP-9900.  I started the printer in Maintenance Mode and uncapped the head.  As usual, the head moved to the left and away from the capping station, so all seemed good.  However, when I tried to pull down the unit that includes the Wiper assembly I was presented with an inordinate amount of resistance, much more than I recalled when doing the same procedure on the 9900.  Of course there was resistance with the 9900 as well, as to be expected.  However, with the P7000 it was almost impossible to overcome the resistance and lower that assembly for Wiper Blade maintenance.  At that time I posted this "issue" on both LuLa and the "EpsonWideFormat" Group forum with no replies to my question.  After trying various times I gave up and since then the P7000 has been performing well with few nozzle drop-outs.  However, with the lower usage recently combined with the lower RH, I have been experiencing more drop-outs than normal.  So now to my question.  Has anyone using the SC-P7000 etc. printers been able to get to the Wiper Blade without actually breaking something along the way?  If so, how many foot-pounds of force did it take to lower that assembly?  Now of course that last question was meant to be of a humourous nature, in case anyone is wondering ;).  This is indeed a serious post with a most serious question for which I would like to receive an answer if at all possible.

Thank you all in advance, unless no one has actually used this procedure with these printers.

Gary     
« Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 08:25:49 am by Garnick »
Logged
Gary N.
"My memory isn't what it used to be. As a matter of fact it never was." (gan)
Pages: [1]   Go Up