Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson 4900 - Capping Station, Flushing Box - what does what exactly?  (Read 1001 times)

CrazyPugLady

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 48

Hi folks,

I rescued 2 Epson 4900 from a cellar. They were down there for more than a year, and to my great surprise, they still work just fine (I actually wanted them for parts ;-) ).

One of them is giving me trouble with the orange. All channels work, except for the orange one. A night of puddling, the wet towel method, 4 powercleans over the course of two days and a few purge pages did nothing for it.

HOWEVER, after running a clean, I can see orange color on the rims of the capping station. But no traces of orange (but a lot of green) in the flushing box pad. While printing a purge page, a two tiny orange splots where on the page, but no real print output and still a blank nozzle check.

So, now my question:

When running a clean, will this be done on the capping station (via suction?) or on the flushing pad? Or is the capping station ONLY for parking the head, and the flushing box is for all the cleans? What is that tiny strip of a pad for which is next to the wiper blade? Is this for drop offs of the blade? This one has a lot of orange ink but the wiper blade itself is clean...

The lines seem to have no air bubbles, but I haven't removed the head yet (not eager to... honestly). I haven't done the initial fill procedure because I don't have enough ink yet.

Thank you and kind regards!
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up