Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thank goodness the Pro-1000 saves all custom paper profile INSIDE the printer  (Read 1265 times)

traderjay

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 85

I spent countless late nights in the past month trying to build and troubleshooting a new workstation with the following specs:

CPU - Dual Xeon E5 2696V4
RAM - 64 GB Crucial DDR4 PC-2666 (8x8GB)
Storage: 2X800GB HGST SAS SSD RAID 0 for application/scratch disk
OS - Samsung 1TB 960 Pro NVME
GPU - ASUS Strix GTX 1080 ti
Case - Lian-Li PC-V2120x
Motherboard - z10pe-d16 ws
PSU - Seasonic Titanium 1000W

I backed up everything except for the 20+ custom paper profiles that I created for the Canon Pro 1000. My heart skipped a beat after secure erasing the old SSD to prepare it for sale and I was convinced that I have to redo the time consuming and ink & paper wasting process of profile creation.

After firing up the new workstation with a fresh install of windows, I proceed to install the Canon driver and utilities. I opened Media Configuration tool and after connecting it to my printer, I was delighted to see all my previous profiles are saved on the printer and I can transfer it to my new workstation!

I was happy beyond words and can't believe that Canon put so much thought process into this little machine for the best user experience!
Logged

Ernst Dinkla

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4036


After firing up the new workstation with a fresh install of windows, I proceed to install the Canon driver and utilities. I opened Media Configuration tool and after connecting it to my printer, I was delighted to see all my previous profiles are saved on the printer and I can transfer it to my new workstation!

I was happy beyond words and can't believe that Canon put so much thought process into this little machine for the best user experience!

It has been a normal feature on all HP Z printers for more than a decade, including the custom profiles. As a network printer it also synchronizes them to more computer systems on the network.

Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst

http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm
March 2017 update, 750+ inkjet media white spectral plots
Logged

henrikolsen

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 170

I backed up everything except for the 20+ custom paper profiles that I created for the Canon Pro 1000. My heart skipped a beat after secure erasing the old SSD to prepare it for sale and I was convinced that I have to redo the time consuming and ink & paper wasting process of profile creation.

After firing up the new workstation with a fresh install of windows, I proceed to install the Canon driver and utilities. I opened Media Configuration tool and after connecting it to my printer, I was delighted to see all my previous profiles are saved on the printer and I can transfer it to my new workstation!

Were you able to store 20+ custom paper profiles in the printer through the Media Configuration Tool (MCT)? I recall not being able to store that many at all, as there was some limit around 20-something in total, and most of them were OEM/stock profiles that the tool refuses to delete, even if I have no use for them. But great if that limit is lifted somehow.

Did you include any custom ICC profiles through MCT, or just the other media settings? If so, was the ICC restored as well?
Logged

traderjay

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 85

Were you able to store 20+ custom paper profiles in the printer through the Media Configuration Tool (MCT)? I recall not being able to store that many at all, as there was some limit around 20-something in total, and most of them were OEM/stock profiles that the tool refuses to delete, even if I have no use for them. But great if that limit is lifted somehow.

Did you include any custom ICC profiles through MCT, or just the other media settings? If so, was the ICC restored as well?

I didn't really count but there were quite a few custom paper profiles that I created and stored via the MCT and was able to recover them all via the printer. I backed up the ICC profiles before decommissioning my old workstation.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up