I'd rate the 2017 volume pricing of the 50MP sensor at something like $800.
Edmund, can you tell me something about the business model for a large-market producer like Fuji? I'll show you what I mean by model with an example. When I worked at Rolm, before we had direct sales this was our model, with all numbers expressed in percent of sales.
COGS: 40%
R&D: 10%
G&A: 5%
Marketing, sales, and service: 25%
Taxes: 10%
Profit: 10%
COGS was about 75% material, so you could multiply parts cost by about 3.3 to get sales price after discounts. Of course, not all sales prices were set that way, but on average they were.
If going through a retail channel, the items would be marked up, and all those numbers would be divided by, say 1.5 to get them in terms of retail price.
What's the model look like for Nikon, Canon, Fuji, etc?
Thanks,
Jim