Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Something Different  (Read 707 times)

maddogmurph

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1136
    • Maddog's Photography
Something Different
« on: January 08, 2017, 01:45:31 pm »

I feel like so many photographers are icon stamp collectors these days. I'm certainly one of them. It's hard to argue with millions of people's perceptions of what beauty is... and what makes a good or interesting photograph. The fact is people buy things that they associate memories with. Things that mean something to them personally. These two reflecting sun stars on mono lake mean very little to most people, and therefore are less interesting to the masses that might buy a print. In fact a nice shot from the Tufa is likely to be more popular as so many people have been there and seen the eerie rock formation that are unlike anywhere else in the world that I've been. But I'm fairly certain that this little bubble might enjoy this shot, so here I'm sharing it. Also thoughts on the flare, and processing is always welcome.

Logged
Maddog Murph
www.depictionsofbeauty.com
Mostly here for constructive feedback.

thierrylegros396

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1949
Re: Something Different
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 03:07:39 am »

Yes some bubbles are enjoying this shot, but not all for me.

For example, the very bright dot in the reflections draws too much attention on it.

But the others are welcome.

Have A Nice Day.

Thierry
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up