Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The best on-camera blitz for DF?  (Read 1176 times)

henrikfoto

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 899
The best on-camera blitz for DF?
« on: June 19, 2016, 10:58:02 am »

What are the possible choices for a on-camera blitz for the DF etc?
Any experiences?

Henrik
Logged

synn

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1235
    • My fine art portfolio
Re: The best on-camera blitz for DF?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2016, 11:38:00 am »

Why would you like to use an on camera flash from an artistic perspective?
Nevertheless, any fully manual modern era flash without proprietary pins would work fine. As with all digital cameras, do not stick a very old film era flash on it as it will fry your camera.

Edit: now that I think of it, I think Metz might have made a TTL flash for the DF platform.
Personally, I have only ever used mine with radio triggers and that works like a charm.
Logged
my portfolio: www.sandeepmurali.com

henrikfoto

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 899
Re: The best on-camera blitz for DF?
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2016, 01:42:58 pm »

Why would you like to use an on camera flash from an artistic perspective?
Nevertheless, any fully manual modern era flash without proprietary pins would work fine. As with all digital cameras, do not stick a very old film era flash on it as it will fry your camera.

Edit: now that I think of it, I think Metz might have made a TTL flash for the DF platform.
Personally, I have only ever used mine with radio triggers and that works like a charm.

Of course I use external flash for planned work, but many times I use the DF as a walkaround
camera. Sometimes it would be nice to ha a fill-inn light etc.
I will try to look for the Metz if they have one for Mamiya/phase.
Logged

Doug Peterson

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4220
    • http://www.doug-peterson.com
Re: The best on-camera blitz for DF?
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2016, 02:43:09 pm »

NonTTL - any modern hot shoe flash (I use Canon since I otherwise own them)
TTL: Metz SCA. I believe it may be discontinued.

henrikfoto

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 899
Re: The best on-camera blitz for DF?
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2016, 03:11:58 pm »

NonTTL - any modern hot shoe flash (I use Canon since I otherwise own them)
TTL: Metz SCA. I believe it may be discontinued.



Thanks a lot Doug! Very helpful :)
Do you know what number of the SCA it is?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 03:15:27 pm by henrikfoto »
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up