Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem starting LR 5.7.1  (Read 2543 times)

Jim White

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 16
Problem starting LR 5.7.1
« on: December 30, 2014, 12:37:47 pm »

just installed CC and LR 5.7.1. When LR starts, while the splash screen is displayed, I get an error message
>> Server Busy
This action cannot be completed because the other program is busy. Choose “Switch To” to activate the busy program and correct the problem. <<

No matter how many times I click on "switch" or "Retry", the box will not clear. "Switch To" simply opens the Start Menu.
The only way I se able to get rid of it is by going into "Task Manager", "and repeatedly ending the several instances of "Adobe CEF Helper2 which keep re-starting, but the error box will eventually close.
Why is this happening?
Why do I have 3 or 4 instances of Adobe CEF Helper running?
Thank you.
Logged

Simon Garrett

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 742
Re: Problem starting LR 5.7.1
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2014, 01:00:42 pm »

I've not had that problem.  However, when I have the Adobe Creative Cloud app runing, there are 4 copies of the "Adobe CEF Helper" app running.  I don't run the CC app at start-up, and run it only when needed (and exit from it when I'm not actively installing or uploading applications), and then the Helper apps also stop. 

Best place to ask about Lightroom issues like this is https://forums.adobe.com/community/lightroom.  There are usually Adobe staffers lurking to answer problems.  General CC issues go to https://forums.adobe.com/community/creative_cloud.
Logged

Jim White

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 16
Re: Problem starting LR 5.7.1
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2014, 01:12:48 pm »

Thanks, Simon.
Unfortunately, the Adobe Community pages seem to be down at the moment. I have been trying to log on all weekend and today and just get a "This page can’t be displayed" page.

I guess I need to go into MSCONFIG to stop Creative Cloud running at Startup?
I'll give it a go.
Logged

Jim White

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 16
Re: Problem starting LR 5.7.1
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2014, 01:35:50 pm »

That seems to have done it.
I deselected Creative Cloud in MSConfig Start-up, rebooted the PC, started LR and this time no problems.
Thanks again, Simon.
Logged

Simon Garrett

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 742
Re: Problem starting LR 5.7.1
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2014, 02:28:46 pm »

I guess I need to go into MSCONFIG to stop Creative Cloud running at Startup?

Easier than that: run Creative Cloud, click the down-arrow next to the gear wheel (top right), choose "Preferences..." and in the General tab, uncheck "Launch at login".

If you do it in msconfig, I think that next time that the CC app updates itself, it will undo your msconfig change.  If you change the preference setting, it sticks.  

I often use msconfig to reduce the clutter that starts at boot-up, but if there's a program preference to do the same thing, it can be better as you're not then fighting the application. 
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 02:30:54 pm by Simon Garrett »
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up