Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: recommendations for ultra-compact digital camera?  (Read 5862 times)

Brian Gilkes

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 443
    • http://www.briangilkes.com.au
recommendations for ultra-compact digital camera?
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2005, 04:13:37 pm »

Quentin, whats "mictostock"? Is it one of those "you get 1c/image" mobs?
I'm with Pom. Full frame, no shutter delay, silent, small, autofocus, rangefinder , Leitz or similar glass including w/a,antishake, antidust, small,deadly, black.
But that is not what Lisa wants.
Nothing is quite there, and it may not be. It's a bit like the Instamatic types last century. They are made for a price and a certain customer (I cringe at the word consumer).I would pick something with a half decent lens, a bunch of pixels, decent viewing and short delay. I f everything else is auto and  the noise is up , over say, 400 then so be it.
I accept the limitations on these things, but why do they all look so ugly?
Why doesn't someone employ a sumi master in the design department?
Cheers,
Brian.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up