Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Does your 9900 (or other) sometimes act like a moron?  (Read 1091 times)

darlingm

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 361
    • Westland Printworks
Does your 9900 (or other) sometimes act like a moron?
« on: September 04, 2012, 01:32:13 am »

Printed a 22.25" wide x 8.75" high image today.  Driver correctly had roll paper selected, with paper size 24" wide x 9.25" high.  3mm borders are set.  Still had Photoshop open after, so was able to double check these settings.

A minute or so in, I walked by the printer to see about 30' or the 40' roll spooled on the floor, with it still feeding at high speed.  Pulled the plug fairly quickly.  I was able to wind it back up, and this paper curls so much anyway that it just curled up on the floor, so no harm done.

There have been a few other times in the past where it has done something ridiculous, leaving me with no idea what happened.  Do you guys experience this occasionally?

Once and a while when I load a roll, it will start the paper about 1-2' in already, rather than rewinding it until it's near the cut line.  (I don't use the barcode option.)

Few other situations like this, but can't remember them at the moment.
Logged
Mike • Westland Printworks
Fine Art Printing • Amazing Artwork Reproduction • Photography
http://www.westlandprintworks.com • (734) 255-9761

Stephen G

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 173
Re: Does your 9900 (or other) sometimes act like a moron?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 01:55:22 am »

Once or twice my 9900 has, after completing and cutting off a job, spooled out another length of paper matching the size just printed. Same situation: I check my settings and they were dead right.

I figured the fault in my case lay with QImage, which can be quirky.
Logged

Ernst Dinkla

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4036
Re: Does your 9900 (or other) sometimes act like a moron?
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 06:35:24 am »

I figured the fault in my case lay with QImage, which can be quirky.

A Fit Image plus Border+ setting can have that effect. The image is fit to the print page but the extra border forces the extra print page. The normal Border option is better with that choice and in fact the Border+ choice should gray out the Fit Image choice in my opinion.

--
Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst

Dinkla Grafische Techniek
Quad,piëzografie,giclée
www.pigment-print.com
Logged

mikev1

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 160
Re: Does your 9900 (or other) sometimes act like a moron?
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2012, 11:01:04 pm »

I've kind of figured Qimage was at fault as well.

I've had a number of times where the printer spit out a blank piece of canvas or whatever that was the dimensions I was trying to print.  Ex. a 44" x 64" piece of canvas was cut but not print on it.
Logged

darlingm

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 361
    • Westland Printworks
Re: Does your 9900 (or other) sometimes act like a moron?
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2012, 01:09:49 am »

I've been meaning to get QImage, but haven't yet.  So my occasional issue is between Photoshop, the Epson driver, and the printer itself.

Today, I sent a 24x36" print job.  I saw it finished in the print queue rather quickly, and I found a correctly sized cut sheet laying in front of the printer with a whopping 1/2" strip printed on it and the rest blank.

I don't have these issues often, but it's sure fun when they happen!...
Logged
Mike • Westland Printworks
Fine Art Printing • Amazing Artwork Reproduction • Photography
http://www.westlandprintworks.com • (734) 255-9761
Pages: [1]   Go Up