Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: mis-printing on last inch of print - Epson 3880?  (Read 824 times)

khenke

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 17
mis-printing on last inch of print - Epson 3880?
« on: February 10, 2012, 10:21:30 am »

I am noting that on some, not all, 16 x 24 prints on Red River Polar Matte, that the last inch has mis-printing. Maybe thepaper is not feeding properly and thus, uneven ink distribution? And, yes, I have tried a wider platen gap, but frankly, that should not be an issue since this is only 10 mil paper. I don't hear any head strikes, either. Also, it only is occuring on the last inch or so. I am feeding the paper through the normal sheet feeder. Currently, even though I am on a Mac, I am using Qimage via Pararells. I far as I know, this is only happening on 16 x 24 paper. I have the high speed print option off.
Again, I am just speculating that at the end of the print the weight of the paper, with ink, is causing some issues?
Just curious if anyone have experienced this?

Ken
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up