Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mamiya lens presets missing from C1?  (Read 3705 times)

amsp

Mamiya lens presets missing from C1?
« on: October 17, 2011, 07:42:43 am »

It seems Mamiya/P1 lens presets are missing from C1 nowadays, I see Zeiss Contax and Hasselblad, and HC lenses, but no Mamiya. I even looked in the Presets folder and there are no files there either. Anyone know what happened?

yaya

• http://yayapro.com
Re: Mamiya lens presets missing from C1?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2011, 08:26:52 am »

It seems Mamiya/P1 lens presets are missing from C1 nowadays, I see Zeiss Contax and Hasselblad, and HC lenses, but no Mamiya. I even looked in the Presets folder and there are no files there either. Anyone know what happened?

Mamiya/ Phase One lens profiles appear in the Lens drop-menu if the selected image was shot with one of those lenses
Yair Shahar | Product Manager | Phase One - Cultural Heritage
e: ysh@phaseone.com |

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 08:27:41 am »

What version are you using?  I have 6.3.1 up on mac and 6.3 on win and when I look at the lens icon, the presets are there.

I tested 35mm, 28mm.  

I wonder if somehow the "preferences" file on your machine was damaged?  

Paul Caldwell
www.photosofarkansas.com
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

amsp

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2011, 09:02:52 am »

I'm running 6.2.2 right now and I'm downloading the new version as we speak. But correct me if I'm wrong, even if my preferences file would be corrupt or something wouldn't the preset files still be in the preset folder? Do me a favor, right click on on the C1 program and choose "show package contents", then go Contents>Resources>Presets60>Lens Correction. Do you see the files there? If so, could you please zip them up and provide them for download?

Thanks

amsp

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2011, 10:37:57 am »

Well, I checked the new version I downloaded and it's the same thing. Did they somehow disable it so it only shows up automatically with "D" version lenses? If so that's pretty weird since several of the older non-D lenses have the same optics and characteristics.

yaya

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2011, 03:18:52 pm »

If you select an image that was shot with one of the Mamiya/ Phase One lenses (D or non-D, not that some lenses do not require a profile) you will see the relevant options when you click on the drop menu:

amsp

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2011, 04:07:28 pm »

Ok, here's an update. It seems the problem is specific to my 35mm non-D version lens. With my manual focus 80mm f/1.9 I get the options in the drop-down menu, but with the 35mm there are no options, only "generic". Is this a bug? I know it worked just fine a couple of versions ago.

yaya

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2011, 05:04:09 pm »

This could be a bug. If the lens's details appear in the metadata but you don't see a profile then I suggest that you create a support case and send us a RAW file: Phase One-Leaf-Mamiya Support

Jack Flesher

• www.getdpi.com
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2011, 05:57:52 pm »

I'm running 6.2.2 right now and I'm downloading the new version as we speak. But correct me if I'm wrong, even if my preferences file would be corrupt or something wouldn't the preset files still be in the preset folder? Do me a favor, right click on on the C1 program and choose "show package contents", then go Contents>Resources>Presets60>Lens Correction. Do you see the files there? If so, could you please zip them up and provide them for download?

Thanks

For the in house lenses I am pretty sure you want the lens codex under resources/lensDatabase.cdx
Jack
[url=http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/

amsp

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2011, 06:05:39 pm »

This could be a bug. If the lens's details appear in the metadata but you don't see a profile then I suggest that you create a support case and send us a RAW file: Phase One-Leaf-Mamiya Support

Well, I checked the metadata and under "lens" it's empty. But then again so is the 80mm f/1.9. One weird thing I noticed though is that under "focal length" it says 768mm  :o A quick google search showed me I'm not the only one.. http://forum.phaseone.com/En/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6225
Any ideas or should I just go ahead and send you guys the file?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 06:16:01 pm by amsp »

Jack Flesher

• www.getdpi.com
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2011, 10:53:17 pm »

The 80/1.9 is a manual lens with no on-board chip, so cannot communicate with the camera or back and therefore has no "exif" data fed to the camera.
Jack
[url=http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/

amsp

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2011, 07:10:26 am »

The 80/1.9 is a manual lens with no on-board chip, so cannot communicate with the camera or back and therefore has no "exif" data fed to the camera.

Yes of course, I was just saying that they both lack lens data. But I'm guessing the "focal length" 768mm thing is screwing things up. I wish they would just let you choose from all the presets regardless of meta data. I've sent the file to PhaseOne support, let's see what they say.

amsp

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2011, 08:13:08 am »

Alright, now the case is resolved. Apparently this is a problem isolated to shooting with this lens and a P20/P25 on CF card. The solution is to shoot tethered, then select the 35mm preset and save it as a custom preset.

Thanks PhaseOne support!

ondebanks

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2011, 12:00:51 pm »

One weird thing I noticed though is that under "focal length" it says 768mm  :o

Is this PhaseOne's way of leaking their development with Mamiya of a 768mm f5.6 APO telephoto lens? Would be nice  8)

Ray

amsp

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2011, 12:48:42 pm »

Is this PhaseOne's way of leaking their development with Mamiya of a 768mm f5.6 APO telephoto lens? Would be nice  8)

Ray

If so maybe it comes with one of these for carrying it  ;D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9aeBlU-pvo&feature=player_embedded

pindman

« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2011, 10:57:24 pm »

It's not limited.  I have an IQ180 and 75-150 D.  It isn't recognized in the Windows 7 version of C1.  Lens info shows up in metadata, but C1 isn't smart enough to recognize it.

yaya

« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2011, 02:30:40 am »

It's not limited.  I have an IQ180 and 75-150 D.  It isn't recognized in the Windows 7 version of C1.  Lens info shows up in metadata, but C1 isn't smart enough to recognize it.

There is no preset for the 75-150 as we do not feel that it requires any corrections for distortion. You can always create your own corrections and save them as user presets

pindman

« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2011, 09:53:11 pm »

Sure would have been nice to know that beforehand and saved lots of time trying to troubleshoot.  No reason it wouldn't show one even if it didn't do any correction. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up