Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HP Z3200: Cost overview export to Excel  (Read 1113 times)

JuergenHulverscheidt

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2
HP Z3200: Cost overview export to Excel
« on: April 04, 2010, 01:51:35 pm »

Hi everyone!

I used the option to export the costs overview from the Z3200's Web Server to Excel.
The total cost is a sum of media cost and ink cost.
For total cost, the Web Server shows something like "3.1".
Exported to Excel this is interpreted as "03. Jan" (as shown in the cell) or "03.01.2010" (as shown in the formula line).
If I format the cell to "General", this value is changed into (or shown as) 38719.
The individual costs (for paper and ink) are also interpreted as dates, but the costs per ink color seem to be interpreted as numbers (though they are shown left-aligned).

I'm trying to add up the costs of the most recent 60 print jobs and thought Excel might be the best way to do it, but it turns out to be a little … awkward :-|

Anyone else ever used this function … with success?

Thanks a lot and Happy Easter,
Jürgen
Logged

Dick Roadnight

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1730
HP Z3200: Cost overview export to Excel
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 04:27:05 pm »

Quote from: JuergenHulverscheidt
Hi everyone!

I used the option to export the costs overview from the Z3200's Web Server to Excel.
The total cost is a sum of media cost and ink cost.
For total cost, the Web Server shows something like "3.1".
Exported to Excel this is interpreted as "03. Jan" (as shown in the cell) or "03.01.2010" (as shown in the formula line).
If I format the cell to "General", this value is changed into (or shown as) 38719.
The individual costs (for paper and ink) are also interpreted as dates, but the costs per ink color seem to be interpreted as numbers (though they are shown left-aligned).

I'm trying to add up the costs of the most recent 60 print jobs and thought Excel might be the best way to do it, but it turns out to be a little … awkward :-|

Anyone else ever used this function … with success?

Thanks a lot and Happy Easter,
Jürgen
¿I would have thought it was just a matter of formatting  the number columns as numbers? "##.##" or whatever?
Logged
Hasselblad H4, Sinar P3 monorail view camera, Schneider Apo-digitar lenses
Pages: [1]   Go Up