Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hahnemuhle sample pack question  (Read 3244 times)

trentf

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 79
Hahnemuhle sample pack question
« on: January 25, 2010, 11:54:29 am »

I have silly question.... I just received a sample pack of papers from Hahnemuhle...  They are all imprinted with the paper name.  I assume that is the print side?  Want to make sure before I send them through the Z3200.  Thanks

Ken

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 188
    • http://kenschuster.com
Hahnemuhle sample pack question
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 12:18:23 pm »

Quote from: trentf
... sample pack of papers from Hahnemuhle...  ...print side?

Hahnemuhle recommends a "moist fingertip", but I guess my fingertips aren't sensitive enough... my tongue works better for me (old darkroom trick). Touch the tip of your tongue (damp, not wet) to the surface of one side (in the corner) and then the other. The sticky side is the print side.
Logged

roskav

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 254
    • http://www.roskavanagh.com
Hahnemuhle sample pack question
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2010, 12:18:28 pm »

Quote from: trentf
I have silly question.... I just received a sample pack of papers from Hahnemuhle...  They are all imprinted with the paper name.  I assume that is the print side?  Want to make sure before I send them through the Z3200.  Thanks
Nope print on the other side ... at least that's what I did.  
Logged

JohnBrew

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 868
    • http://www.johnbrewton.zenfolio.com
Hahnemuhle sample pack question
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2010, 12:23:12 pm »

Print on the other side. Each sheet is labeled on the back side so you can tell later which is which.

trentf

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 79
Hahnemuhle sample pack question
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2010, 12:24:41 pm »

I used to do the wet finger with Arches papers....  never thought of that.... glad I asked... thanks

Neuffy

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 42
Hahnemuhle sample pack question
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2010, 01:03:05 pm »

I use a post-it note on a tiny bit of one corner. Whatever sticks, gets printed on.
Pages: [1]   Go Up