Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Expressions Web Cannot upload revised files anymore  (Read 453 times)

Dave Gurtcheff

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 784
Expressions Web Cannot upload revised files anymore
« on: May 03, 2026, 03:37:32 pm »

To make a long story short I have had the same web hosting company for 24 years (Ipower, Inc). They sold out to Ipage. They sold out to Network Solutions. Somewhere in this transition I was never notified that I needed to renew, so they deleted my web site with no backup. I opened a new account with Network Solutions for 5 years. I paid an extra fee to have their techs upload my complete and fully functioning site to their server. It turned out to be a nightmare. I have spent the last 2 weeks fixing it and am about 90% there. Up until yesterday I would make changes and fixes and upload  the changed files. The same tech that uploaded my site set up a place I click on to send the files. Ever since yesterday When I try to upload I get a warning about it cannot connect to ftp-a5349bf4.registeredsite.com on port 21. 24 years ago I bought Microsoft Expressions Web and three "How To" books and was successful in building the site and maintaining it myself for 24 years. I think there are bout 850 images on it. What I am trying to say is I am now 89 and not a tech wizard (except I am pretty good at photography). I need to update my latest fixes but I have not been able to upload. My site name is:  www.modernpictorials.com
Thanks for any advice.
Dave in NJ
Logged

Dave Gurtcheff

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 784
Re: Expressions Web Cannot upload revised files anymore
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2026, 03:39:44 pm »

Here is a screen shot of the warning/error notice I receive when attempting to upload.
Dave
Logged

Chris_Brown

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 983
  • Smile dammit!
    • Chris Brown Photography
Re: Expressions Web Cannot upload revised files anymore
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2026, 10:01:11 am »

I was in a similar situation using BlueHost to host my site. I used Network Solutions to buy my URL (back in 1996) and had its DNS point to BlueHost. Everything worked perfectly until both companies were bought out by Newfold Digital. Then my site got hacked and they wanted $30/month to install "protection". I started from scratch. I canceled my BlueHost account and spun up a new site using Squarespace. I set the NetSol DNS info to the Squarespace servers and have not had a problem in years.

Squarespace provides search optimization, nice galleries, very fast page display (much faster than BlueHost or NetSol) and even a store front. It's worth checking them out. There's probably other companies that offer similar services, too (but I'm not familiar with them).

https://www.squarespace.com/
Logged
~ CB
Pages: [1]   Go Up