Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Me  (Read 4007 times)

Chris Calohan

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3539
  • Editing Allowed
Me
« on: January 03, 2025, 01:18:28 am »

This last year has been rather trying between a blood clot and a severely broken wrist. The latter has caused me to sell all my camera gear sans my Nikon Z50 which is light enough for me to handle given the lack of wrist articulation. It's fine. I got to shoot for well over 60 years in every format and quite likely with every camera brand.

Of late, I have relied on my photoshop skills to make digital negatives to make albumen, kallitype, salt and cyanotype images which is quite satisfying to the point where I built a new "dim-room," as most of what I do can be done with LED lights on. I am fortunate to work one day a week at a great photo gallery, darkroom and studio which gives me access to a larger work area for 16x20 and larger prints.

So, while I may not be as frequent, nor perhaps in a more landscape genre, I will post on occasion and still admire the work this group produces. Cyanotype, Kallitype (toned with gold chloride and re-toned with selenium) and Salt (also toned with Gold Chloride, then re-toned with black tea prior to fixing with Sodium Thiosulphate).

I've added a cyanotype print done as a wet assemblage, whereas the media (in this case leaves, etc,) is laid on the wet solution, colored with natural herbs such as turmeric, paprika, then bleached to a pale yellow in sodium carbonate, and toned with a combination of green tea and instant coffee and finally placed between two pieces of glass, clamped into place and left in the sun for 2-4 hours. I can make one of these while doing the soup du jour in the dimroom. This week it is salt prints on mineral paper.

Please keep up the good work as you are all an inspiration to me!

Chris
Logged
If it Ain't Broke, Leave it Alone; if it is Broke, Fix it; if it's a Maybe, Play With it - Who Knows

Rob C

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 25136
Re: Me
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2025, 10:58:37 am »

Hey, Chris, better luck for 2025!

Your last image in the series does it for me.

Nice work!

Rob

kers

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4602
    • Pieter Kers
Re: Me
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2025, 04:29:40 pm »

They all look great !  And you got set free from the rectangle in a natural way.

Don' t poison yourself ! ;)
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up