Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Issue with Epson P20000  (Read 729 times)

ZOG

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 42
    • http://
Issue with Epson P20000
« on: October 29, 2024, 04:50:24 pm »

Hello everyone,

I'm having a strange issue with my P20000. I'm getting vertical lines on my print (usually in light grey areas only). These lines are about 9 inches from the start of the print, with no other lines for the rest of the 64 inches.

I was thinking about a carriage issue or dirt on the rail. I've clean everything but still have the issue. Does anyone have an idea of what the problem might be? Here is a picture to better understand the problem. Nozzle clog is not an issue.

Thanks!

Logged

Lessbones

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Online Online
  • Posts: 291
    • Color Center
Re: Issue with Epson P20000
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2024, 06:44:28 pm »

have you tried to clean the linear encoder strip?  it kind of looks like the head is losing track of its position right there.  It's a thin plastic strip that is stretched across the whole width of the print platen that should be right above where the head runs (I can't remember exactly on that machine) it has lots of tiny lines that are constantly read by a sensor to keep track of the position in the X axis and if it gets a spot of ink on it it could cause a little stutter like that.
Logged

ZOG

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 42
    • http://
Re: Issue with Epson P20000
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2024, 06:30:45 am »

Yes, it’s the first thing that I cleaned. I’ll try it again in case I missed something…. Thanks!
Logged

ZOG

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 42
    • http://
Re: Issue with Epson P20000
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2024, 11:05:23 am »

Yes. The encoder strip was indeed the problem! Very hard to access and clean. Cleaned it a second time. Problem solved!

Thanks for the help!
Logged

Lessbones

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Online Online
  • Posts: 291
    • Color Center
Re: Issue with Epson P20000
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2024, 06:49:28 pm »

 ;D
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up