After a couple of months of using my 9570 everyday on all kinds of media bw and color, I have had zero significant issues of any kind so far. I really love this printer totally. I’m running both bi-directional out of their Print Layout program, which by the way only prints bi- directional, and just as much unidirectional for smaller portfolio prints, and both look great. My friend locally bought his about a month and a half before me and his unit prints perfectly as well. Neither of us are experiencing any clogging at all, no head strikes at all, no ghosting, and no paper ripping off the roll. I just finished a job on the Awagami Kozo Thin annd some Lyve canvas work, and it was all smooth sailing. I haven’t printed anything thicker than 320 gsm yet. We have not had to tweak any platen gap settings, vacuum settings, or anything else.
I only have two complaints, whoever designed this catch basket should be sent to Guantanamo 😕. And the other very minor thing is we have to set Portrait mode to print Landscape files. That needs to be fixed. I believe this is an Apple issue

?? It happens with both Adobe programs and the Epson Layout software.
They really should revisit the ELP to print uni though, and please don’t call that MAX quality when it isn’t.
In the larger picture of 44” printers this is nothing. I’m very happy with my workflow. I’m not a picture factory, but when I need a lot of big prints done fast it’s getting the job done easily.
What I really don’t understand is if all this delay was just a software or firmware mixup, why did it take three years to solve? It just feels like there is more to the story, but I’m sure I don’t know, and we may never know.
John
quote author=alan a link=topic=143780.msg1260207#msg1260207 date=1719855489]
See my post directly below. Probably time to toss my old Canon iPF 8400 and replace it.
Any opinions on the Canon 44" Pro 4600 versus the Epson 44" P9570?
Which clogs the most? Life of the print heads and cost of replacement?
Any other features that are nice? (In the old days Canon has a software driver that included the ability to figure margins for printing canvas to stretching on bars. A pretty minor feature in the scheme of things, but it was nice.)
Does Epson still have a straight feed for really thick stock? And Breathing Color used to sell metal that could go through the Epson, but they appear to no longer stock that.
Canon appears to be about $1,000 less. I placed an order on Friday so I could use the $800 rebate which brings the price down to $3716. I think Epson had a rebate but it has since expired.
[/quote]