Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any Old Timers using the Fuji GF 35-70mm Lens?  (Read 4593 times)

Dave Gurtcheff

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 784
Any Old Timers using the Fuji GF 35-70mm Lens?
« on: May 06, 2024, 02:41:54 pm »

I use two camera systems: the GFX 100S and Sony A7RIV. I don't photograph as often as I used to and switching between cameras and menues is frustrating. And to top it off the diminutive 35~70 does not have an F stop Ring. I made this little 3"x4" Cheat sheet to keep in my kit . Maybe it would be helpful to others. Don't laugh, when you reach 87 you may also forget! Great group here, maybe it will be useful to others.
Dave in NJ
Logged

Rob C

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 25133
Re: Any Old Timers using the Fuji GF 35-70mm Lens?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2024, 09:50:32 am »

How nice to meet a fellow survivor! I'm '37 vintage too.

I have not actually made a list of things to stick, physically, onto the camera or into my pocket, but I do admit that I use the thing (Nikon) in as manual a way as it permits. I almost never consult the rear screen when I shoot - I might as well still be using film - and it could be that refusing to sound, regularly, all of its bells and whistles has led to a lack of familiarity with some (many!) of them. Consequently, I would be at a loss to tell anyone how to pick an area on that rear screen and magnify it; that's simply not something I have ever done, other than when I was trying the camera out when I bought it, so why would I remember how to do it, or want to? I trust the viewfinder and my own experience. So far, so good!

It may or may not be a touch of Luddism - perhaps more likely a means of making the pension go further - but I have yet to buy a mirrorless camera beyond the cellphone. I found nothing wrong with my old Nikkors when I was working, so I don't believe my now amateur status requires anything superior, let alone a new set or an adaptor ring to let the old ones make love with new bodies.

Though without buying intentions, I do read the reviews of some new cameras, and it strikes me that much of what's being done today consists of messing about with basic control stuff and forcing users into deep menu dives. Who wants that? It used to be a simple operation to format a card; Nikon has now made it complicated. As I have remarked in the past, it seems that progress means that many things improve without getting any better.
Pages: [1]   Go Up