Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ipf8400. Moving printing to a new computer. Media configuration tool question?  (Read 537 times)

gchappel

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 251

I am moving printing to a new computer.
ipf8400 set up on my network. 
I will of coarse be installing the drivers and media config tool on the new system.
I have a dozen or more custom profiles installed/saved via the media configuration tool from the older computer.
Paper icc profiles have been transferred across.  Other printers are good, just have not started on transferring the 8400 yet. 
Do I need to transfer any data files from the old to new computer- or are these stored on the printer itself?
I looked around a little, and do not see where the config tool is storing anything on the computer?

Sorry, old fart here and not as computer savvy as many.  Google search did not turn up much. 
Any help/guidance would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
gary
Logged

raminolta

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 65

I am not sure if I understand your question correctly (and I am no expert). I think the custom paper profiles are the only things that need to be reinstalled or transferred to the new computer.
Logged

William Walker

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1204
    • William Walker Landscapes

Hi Gary,

When you download the latest version of the Media Configuration Tool, be sure to read the instructions that accompany that file carefully!

It sounds like you have the correct files saved - but just double-check...!

I went at it like a bull at a gate (I didn't save the previous versions files) and am now unable to use the CNWIMCT to create new media files for my 8400.

I now use the "Special" settings as per the paper manufacturer's instructions which is not ideal but, to be honest, I cannot tell the difference.

I will be interested to hear how it goes...

Regards
William
Logged
"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." Christopher Hitchens

gchappel

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 251

Thanks for the heads up on installation!, I also tend to wander where no man should go.
Printer is installed on new computer- easy peasy.
I think I will leave the media config tool on the other computer for a while.  Works fine there- no sense in tempting fate.
thanks again
gary
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up