Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Progression  (Read 678 times)

armand

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5566
    • Photos
Progression
« on: July 13, 2021, 05:57:17 pm »

Same evening, getting closer (all on iPhone)

















« Last Edit: July 15, 2021, 03:05:03 pm by armand »
Logged

armand

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5566
    • Photos
Re: Progression
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2021, 05:59:32 pm »

The last 2 were shot jpeg only and suffer from the export and the little postprocessing that they got, this is where dng is beneficial. They might not be as vibrant and they don't crumble under a light touch.

Eric Myrvaagnes

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 22813
  • http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
Re: Progression
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2021, 10:39:42 am »

All much nicer than my own real-camera shots of that well-known bridge.
Logged
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

francois

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 14432
Re: Progression
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2021, 10:54:30 am »

All much nicer than my own real-camera shots of that well-known bridge.

Same here! The last time there, fog was so dense that I couldn't even the bridge.
Logged
Francois

John R

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5248
Re: Progression
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2021, 01:26:58 pm »

Never been there. These look great.

JR
Logged

armand

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5566
    • Photos
Re: Progression
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2021, 04:13:20 pm »

Thank you Eric, Francois and John!

Francois, I was in the area for 3 days. Sometimes I could see practically nothing, and sometimes it was changing within a minute.
Here is also what I got at times:




« Last Edit: July 15, 2021, 03:06:00 pm by armand »
Logged

armand

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5566
    • Photos
Re: Progression
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2021, 04:55:25 pm »

PS. I accidentally deleted the photos, will get them back by tomorrow

degrub

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2553
Re: Progression
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2021, 08:16:16 pm »

Forum gray matches bay fog pretty well  ;D ;)
Logged

Eric Myrvaagnes

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 22813
  • http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
Re: Progression
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2021, 11:26:08 am »

Forum gray matches bay fog pretty well  ;D ;)
+1.
Logged
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

armand

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5566
    • Photos
Re: Progression
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2021, 03:06:19 pm »

Images back, but point taken  :D

francois

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 14432
Re: Progression
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2021, 08:34:07 am »

Thank you Eric, Francois and John!

Francois, I was in the area for 3 days. Sometimes I could see practically nothing, and sometimes it was changing within a minute.
Here is also what I got at times:
…
…

So, I'm not the only "lucky" guy! FWIW, I only saw heavy fog when I had a proper camera with me. I'm a real magnet for rain and very very thick fog  ;D
Logged
Francois

Eric Myrvaagnes

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 22813
  • http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
Re: Progression
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2021, 02:05:23 pm »

It's a fine set.

For a somewhat unsettling contrast, see if you can find a copy of Ansel Adams' photo of the Golden Gate Area before the bridge was built.
Logged
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)
Pages: [1]   Go Up