Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon Pro-1000 Firmware - No New Paper Types Mac  (Read 737 times)

apaulson85

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 7
Canon Pro-1000 Firmware - No New Paper Types Mac
« on: January 27, 2020, 01:05:56 am »

Hello -

I just upgraded to the new 3.010 firmware on my ImageProGraph Pro-1000, and I do not see the new paper types of Pro Crystal or Baryta. I am running Mac OS 15 Catalina. Did I do something wrong on this?

Honestly I think I see new papers of Hagaki A, Ink Jet Hagaki, and Hagati.

My printer does show I am up to date with the new firmware, so I am very confused as to what happened.

Any information would be super helpful!

Thanks!
Logged

Panagiotis

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 450
    • Fine Art Print
Re: Canon Pro-1000 Firmware - No New Paper Types Mac
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2020, 03:24:02 am »

Hello -

I just upgraded to the new 3.010 firmware on my ImageProGraph Pro-1000, and I do not see the new paper types of Pro Crystal or Baryta. I am running Mac OS 15 Catalina. Did I do something wrong on this?

Honestly I think I see new papers of Hagaki A, Ink Jet Hagaki, and Hagati.

My printer does show I am up to date with the new firmware, so I am very confused as to what happened.

Any information would be super helpful!

Thanks!

You have also to update the driver to the latest version.
Logged

rick_k

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 39
Re: Canon Pro-1000 Firmware - No New Paper Types Mac
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2020, 11:44:34 am »

Maybe the same basic issue as with windows.

After installing the new printer drivers you might also have to update the printer with the Media Configuration Tool and then see the following from an earlier post:

 I just took a new Pro-1000 out of the box yesterday. Firmware is version 3.010. I cannot see Baryta under the top feed settings that is the first entry on the menu under the bar of ink colors. When I played around the Canon My Printer app on the PC where Baryta did show it told me the top feed was incompatible with Baryta paper.

That led to some digging on the printer menus and Baryta shows up under "various settings / device settings / paper related settings / (several of the sub menus under here)".

So it's there. Hope that helps.


Logged

apaulson85

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 7
Re: Canon Pro-1000 Firmware - No New Paper Types Mac
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2020, 04:38:47 pm »

Thank you very much! I will take a look at updating and the driver on my Mac Mini and taking it from there.

Adam
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up