Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Monsters on the Rock Face  (Read 715 times)

Hans Kruse

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2107
    • Hans Kruse Photography
Monsters on the Rock Face
« on: February 21, 2019, 12:11:07 pm »

Shot on Lofoten a couple of weeks ago. The photo was a small part of a huge rock face that I found by using my 100-400 lens to scan for patterns. I saw a number of faces and a huge bird taking off and later on at my computer screen I saw many more faces and some look like apes and monaters. Do you see them?


Monsters on the Rock Face by Hans Kruse, on Flickr

Eric Myrvaagnes

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 22813
  • http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
Re: Monsters on the Rock Face
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2019, 12:24:56 pm »

Nice!
That's the kind of stuff I often look for.
Logged
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

guido

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 668
Re: Monsters on the Rock Face
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2019, 01:51:09 pm »

Fine image!
Logged

Paulo Bizarro

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 7523
    • http://www.paulobizarro.com
Re: Monsters on the Rock Face
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2019, 05:53:01 am »

Yup, quite intriguing.

RBFritz

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 294
Re: Monsters on the Rock Face
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2019, 05:36:04 pm »

I look for this stuff too. Glad I'm not the only one who looks at parts of a scene. Great shot!
Logged

Jonathan Cross

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 755
Re: Monsters on the Rock Face
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2019, 01:24:29 pm »

This made me rush off to my archive.  Some years ago I was on Eigg, an island in the Inner Hebrides off the west coast of Scotland.  At the back of a beach there is a narrow gap less than 6 feet (2m) wide going back in the cliff face.  There is a waterfall at the back.  It is quite spooky.  On looking at my image later, there are faces, a big one on the right, and one on the left in front of the water.  With a bit of imagination, there may be others.  Long ago, when superstition was prevalent among some remote communities, such sights could well have been the source of tales of elves, goblins, trolls and spirits.

Best wishes,

Jonathan
Logged
Jonathan in UK
Pages: [1]   Go Up