Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NOTE to Mac users - Apple-Epson Upates!  (Read 779 times)

Garnick

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1229
NOTE to Mac users - Apple-Epson Upates!
« on: September 28, 2017, 10:32:40 am »

Hello all,

I just drifted over to the "Epson Wide Format" forum to see what's happening there.  Well, it seems that the "Apple Epson Printer/Scanner Update" issue has reared its ugly head once again.  One of the original members there posted that he had encountered some very strange issues on two P9000 printers(PK & MK).  Files that he had previously printed were no longer printing as expected at all.  He struggled with that for a full day, checking and rechecking printer settings, as well as creating a couple of new profiles, but all to no avail.  The job was closing in on a deadline and he had to overcome that issue very soon. At the end of the day and several feet of wasted paper(s) he finally remembered that he had very recently updated his Epson desktop printers from the "Apple Epson Updater".  He then proceeded to download and install the drivers for the two P9000 printers and all was well. 

For many years I had a note on my display(s) stating that under no circumstances should I EVER install the Apple Epson Printer/Scanner Update.  However, I have recently noticed that the update now resides in App Store Updates again.  I had read a few years ago that the issue had been fixed, so I was tempted to update the driver in my Epson Artisan desktop printer, but always resisted the temptation.  I'm glad I did!  Of course in the App Store Update section one has to be careful to click the "more" button to see all of the updates if one is tempted to simple "Update All". 

Needless to say, I just put the NOTE back at the bottom of my display.  I hope this will be of some use to Mac users once again.

EDIT:  A new reply just arrived a few minutes ago stating that a bug report to Apple had been issued, and apparently the issue has been fixed, AGAIN.  However, I for one will refrain from installing any Apple Epson
            Update until it has been proven to have been fixed, and probably not even then.  However, I imagine my next OS upgrade might require such an update.  I won't cross that bridge before I come to it  ;)

Gary 
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 10:57:56 am by Garnick »
Logged
Gary N.
"My memory isn't what it used to be. As a matter of fact it never was." (gan)
Pages: [1]   Go Up