Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Leaf  (Read 9726 times)

pixjohn

Leaf
« on: June 02, 2006, 06:43:37 pm »

Did Leaf use to have a users online forum? With RG dead where did the people from Leaf go?

Any body using 10.0.3 or 8-1.4.2 I know neither work on a Macbook pro and i am having problems on my G5. Can you work with both programs on 1 computer without problems?

PatrikR

• http://www.patrikraski.com
Leaf
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2006, 03:47:42 am »

Did Leaf use to have a users online forum? With RG dead where did the people from Leaf go?

I think Mr. Galbraith should be presented a medal of achievement for what he has done for the community of photographers. We had an amazing forum with tons of valuable information from top gurus around the world. This had been tried with other paysites to failure... This is the most regretable thing to happen, where the not so gurus, like myself, have lost the best source of information... Luckily we now have wonderfull Leaf A75 vs P45 reports and similar reports from others probably coming soon.  

Mr. Reichmann's anecdote on the H2 article truly describes what openes means and how it helps to market hi end equipment not to mention our international community. Michael Reicmann writes: A few years ago a friend of mine, an American scientist, trained a group from a major Japanese company on how to utilize a certain technology more appropriately. This would have allowed that company a significant commercial edge over its competition.

The following year my friend visited Japan and saw that the company that he had trained had indeed significantly improved its productivity as well as its profits. But, he was surprised to learn that they had also trained two of their major competitors in how to use this new methodology, and that they too were prospering as a consequence.

He asked the first company, the one that he had trained, why they had shared what they had learned with their competitors, effectively diluting their competitive edge. The answer was that it was actually a better business practice to engage their competitors with their new-found techniques, because in this way they knew what the other companies were doing, and how they were doing it, rather than forcing these competitors to develop some possibly even better approachs, and thus creating a sort of arms race in their industry. In other words, better to have a level playing field where all can prosper.

Hope one day we will have the user input of the former RG forum here!
Patrik Raski - Espoo, Finland

Sami Kulju

• http://
Leaf
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2006, 12:45:23 pm »

Any body using 10.0.3 or 8-1.4.2 I know neither work on a Macbook pro and i am having problems on my G5. Can you work with both programs on 1 computer without problems?

And where did You get version 10.0.3?

What comes to Your question using both Capture 10 and 8 in same computer - no problems so far.

regards Sami
Sami Kulju / Helsinki - Finland
www.stud

pixjohn

Leaf
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2006, 02:08:47 pm »

It was given to me from Leaf.

I think one problems i am having is the fire wire cable I am using might be bad.

regards Sami
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=67283\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

heyandy

• http://about.me/andyfranck
Leaf
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2006, 06:32:59 pm »

I think one problems i am having is the fire wire cable I am using might be bad.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=67287\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Leaf did have a user forum at www.leafforum.com, but it just goes to the homepage now.  I do hope that they bring back some type of user forum.

Could you describe the problems you are having?  

As far as I know, there aren't any problems running both 8.4 and 10 on the same machine - as long as they both use the same firmware version.  I generally find LC8.4 to be very stable, but I like the new features of LC10 - which can be a bit unstable.  It's gotten better since I've made the move from a valeo to an Aptus.  With the Valeo, I was suffering from unreliable connections between the back and the software - the Aptus is fine.  Now, my problems are mostly related to LC10 crashing.  It's not horrible when I'm with a client - maybe two or three crashes while shooting for a day.  But when I'm back in the office editing, I find I've got to be pretty gentle with LC10.  Ask it to do a lot (selct a bunch of images, adjust a curve, then try to work on a few more) and it will probably crash.  I've never lost an image, and the software is improving as Leaf works on it.  

I'm not sure what my point is in all of this.  Curious to see what experiences others are having with LC10.  I think the key is to give it lots of hard disk space and don't push it too hard.

-Andy

mcfoto

• http://montalbetticampbell.com
Leaf
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2006, 07:05:13 pm »

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=67287\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi
When you are setting up the fire wire to your G5 use the back port not the front one on the G5. Also I was talking to the studio manager at Baltonics here in Sydney and they are using the Quad G5 with the Leaf version 10/ Aptus 75 and this works great.
Thanks Denis
Denis Montalbetti
Montalbetti+Campbell [

deelight

• http://
Leaf
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2006, 04:53:34 am »

What comes to Your question using both Capture 10 and 8 in same computer - no problems so far.

regards Sami
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=67283\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Did a job yesterday with the new 10.0.3 - no problems, worked fine. But had no time yet to look for the new features, there also has not been a PDF with the new features within the file.

Anybody knows about the improvements of 10.0.3?

Best,

Clem

Solux

Leaf
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2006, 03:41:03 pm »

Did a job yesterday with the new 10.0.3 - no problems, worked fine. But had no time yet to look for the new features, there also has not been a PDF with the new features within the file.

Anybody knows about the improvements of 10.0.3?

Best,

Clem
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=68065\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

10.0.3 is supposedly more stable than 10.0.1, but problems with firewire connectivity have prevented a full release.  I WOULD NOT USE 10.0.3 until these issues have been resolved!!!

JB

yaya

Leaf
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2006, 04:30:02 pm »

All,

Leaf Capture 10.0.3 has not been released yet and any version that you may have received from your dealer is for beta testing purposes. The official release is due in the next few weeks.

Mac Book Pro: 8.4.2 works on the intel machines with limitations in processing speed due to the lack of Altivec engine in the Intel processor. Leafcapture 10 is undergoing final tests on IntelMacs and will be out soon.

Forum: we are currently running some internal tests on a new Leaf user-to-user forum to optimize its structure and functionalities. An official announcement will be made once it's all up and running.

I have promised Michael to do my best and spend more time lurking on this forum and answer as many queries as possible until our forum is alive.

KR

Yair

Creo UK Ltd., a subsidiary of  Kodak.
---------------------------------------
Yair Shahar | Leaf EMEA | Regional Manager |
mob: +44 77 8992 8199 | yair.shahar@creo.com | www.leaf-photography.com <http://www.leaf-photography.com>

MarkKay

• http://markkayphotography.smugmug.com/gallery/1305161
Leaf
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2006, 06:02:17 pm »

Yair.. this is good news. I am glad you will be here to answer questions
All,

Leaf Capture 10.0.3 has not been released yet and any version that you may have received from your dealer is for beta testing purposes. The official release is due in the next few weeks.

Mac Book Pro: 8.4.2 works on the intel machines with limitations in processing speed due to the lack of Altivec engine in the Intel processor. Leafcapture 10 is undergoing final tests on IntelMacs and will be out soon.

Forum: we are currently running some internal tests on a new Leaf user-to-user forum to optimize its structure and functionalities. An official announcement will be made once it's all up and running.

I have promised Michael to do my best and spend more time lurking on this forum and answer as many queries as possible until our forum is alive.

KR

Yair

Creo UK Ltd., a subsidiary of  Kodak.
---------------------------------------
Yair Shahar | Leaf EMEA | Regional Manager |
mob: +44 77 8992 8199 | yair.shahar@creo.com | www.leaf-photography.com <http://www.leaf-photography.com>
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=68098\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Pages: [1]   Go Up