Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Chris Calohan on April 29, 2015, 09:45:47 pm

Title: Ohhhh...Lesssssss...lieeeee
Post by: Chris Calohan on April 29, 2015, 09:45:47 pm
Just for fun
Title: Re: Ohhhh...Lesssssss...lieeeee
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on April 30, 2015, 12:19:18 am
Nice of you to offer to sacrifice a long lens and camera for your art!    :D
Title: Re: Ohhhh...Lesssssss...lieeeee
Post by: David Anderson on April 30, 2015, 02:48:33 am
Haha... Nice shot.
Title: Re: Ohhhh...Lesssssss...lieeeee
Post by: Colorado David on April 30, 2015, 07:34:43 am
It looks like a good place to pick up a tick.  Have I ever mentioned I hate ticks?
Title: Re: Ohhhh...Lesssssss...lieeeee
Post by: Chris Calohan on April 30, 2015, 08:08:05 am
I've been shooting out there for over three years now and have yet to pick up a tick...probably only a matter of time but I do take the precaution of tick spray on my shoes/socks.
Title: Re: Ohhhh...Lesssssss...lieeeee
Post by: Adam L on April 30, 2015, 08:59:04 am
Awesome photo bomb!
Title: Re: Ohhhh...Lesssssss...lieeeee
Post by: PeterAit on April 30, 2015, 10:26:44 am
Great! Dare we ask what happened next?
Title: Re: Ohhhh...Lesssssss...lieeeee
Post by: Chris Calohan on April 30, 2015, 10:37:22 am
She finally got tired of waiting for Leslie to go somewhere else and before I could even get a shot off, bolted past her at full jump/gallop disappearing into the wooded area to Leslie's right.
Title: Re: Ohhhh...Lesssssss...lieeeee
Post by: RSL on April 30, 2015, 10:52:47 am
Great catch, Chris. But somebody needs to explain to that kid that wearing flip-flops in the grass during the season when Florida's snakes are especially active is. . . well, let's just call it a bad idea.
Title: Re: Ohhhh...Lesssssss...lieeeee
Post by: armand on April 30, 2015, 11:55:26 am
Great catch, Chris. But somebody needs to explain to that kid that wearing flip-flops in the grass during the season when Florida's snakes are especially active is. . . well, let's just call it a bad idea.

Unless you are wearing thick leather boots and some gaiters I'm not sure it would make that much of a difference.
Title: Re: Ohhhh...Lesssssss...lieeeee
Post by: Chris Calohan on April 30, 2015, 01:41:36 pm
Oddly enough, in the years I've been going out to that state park, I've only seen one posionous snake and we went away from me about as fast as I went the other way.  It was silly and I did chide her for going out there in flip flops but more for the dangers of ticks than snakes.
Title: Re: Ohhhh...Lesssssss...lieeeee
Post by: RSL on April 30, 2015, 03:06:19 pm
Yeah, there's that too. There aren't that many snakes around here in lake country either, but one day I watched a worker kill a water moccasin next to the river. All it takes is one.
Title: Re: Ohhhh...Lesssssss...lieeeee
Post by: Colorado David on May 01, 2015, 12:14:26 am
. . . posionous snake . . .

Venomous.
Title: Re: Ohhhh...Lesssssss...lieeeee
Post by: BobDavid on May 01, 2015, 03:12:14 am
+10
Title: Re: Ohhhh...Lesssssss...lieeeee
Post by: Chris Calohan on May 01, 2015, 12:22:35 pm
I know, David..it is a bad habit.
Title: Re: Ohhhh...Lesssssss...lieeeee
Post by: Colorado David on May 01, 2015, 03:10:08 pm
 ;)