Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: Morris Taub on April 27, 2015, 10:18:26 am

Title: Saving data to dng and xmp in Lr6
Post by: Morris Taub on April 27, 2015, 10:18:26 am
Before LR6/cc when I imported images I always had to save metada/xmp to file. Now that doesn't seem the case. Is it automatic now? I'm importing and working on nef and dng files from my cameras. I don't see the little symbol anymore telling me that data hasn't been saved. Or is this a bug feature?
Title: Re: Saving data to dng and xmp in Lr6
Post by: digitaldog on April 27, 2015, 11:53:11 am
I don't know anything is changed. Automatically write changes to XMP is still a preference. If on, it does that. I always have it on. Perhaps you've found a bug. So you have this off?
Title: Re: Saving data to dng and xmp in Lr6
Post by: Morris Taub on April 27, 2015, 02:03:38 pm
Hi Andrew, I double checked my settings and the box to auto save to xmp isn't checked. I've never done that because I've been working off an old macbook pro with only 4 and now 6gb of ram. I'll have to save the catalog, close it down, and restart. Then try importing a few files again. But my nef's always had to be selected and xmp saved. Same with the native dng files from my ricoh gr. I'll post again later or tomorrow about what happens.

thanks...
Title: Re: Saving data to dng and xmp in Lr6
Post by: Morris Taub on April 27, 2015, 04:55:18 pm
Ok, my fault, in view options, didn't have 'unsaved metadata' checked...