Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: KMRennie on April 26, 2015, 10:41:17 am

Title: First shots D810
Post by: KMRennie on April 26, 2015, 10:41:17 am
After years of using small cameras I have finally bought a "big" camera with few compromises in IQ so poor images are down to me. Still wading through the 500 page manual but out on my bicycle to see what all of the hype is about. I think that my images may deteriorate a bit as I try and get the best out of this camera but hope that the dip isn't too great. This is Lanercost Priory in changeable weather, hail rain and sunshine within 5 minutes of each other. Nikon D810, Nikkor 18-35D (only lens at the moment and I think that I want something wider than this as well as longer lenses).
I am sure users of this camera know this but the split screen display allowing you to see the focus at near and distant objects simultaneously is magic, goodbye hyperfocal focussing.
All comments welcome Ken
Title: Re: First shots D810
Post by: francois on April 27, 2015, 04:19:40 am
I like the framing and the creepy look. It suits the place very much.
Well done (first shots or not)!
Title: Re: First shots D810
Post by: David Anderson on April 27, 2015, 05:13:53 am
Nice shot - nice detail.

I'm pretty impressed with the improvements in the 810 over the 800 - the live view alone makes the upgrade worthwhile IMHO.