Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear => Topic started by: PeterAit on April 25, 2015, 04:23:02 pm

Title: Nikon D600 and a Samsung smartphone
Post by: PeterAit on April 25, 2015, 04:23:02 pm
I am giving Helicon Remote a try but am durned if I can figure out how to connect my camera and phone. It must take a specialized cable, but where do I find it? Thanks in advance.
Title: Re: Nikon D600 and a Samsung smartphone
Post by: dwswager on April 25, 2015, 09:11:49 pm
I am giving Helicon Remote a try but am durned if I can figure out how to connect my camera and phone. It must take a specialized cable, but where do I find it? Thanks in advance.

First the smartphone must support USB host controller capabilities (in mobile world it is called On The Go (OTG)).  You then need the OTG adapter that converts the micro USB to USB port.  Then use the USB Cable that came with the camera plugged into the OTG adapter.  You do not need the Samsung one, just one that works (http://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters%C2%AE-2-Pack-Micro-USB-Adapter/dp/B00GM0OZ4O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1430010634&sr=8-1&keywords=usb+cable+otg).

(http://www.samsung.com/us/system/consumer/accessory/et/r2/05/etr205ubegsta/ET-R205UBE_600x600_2.jpg)

I run both my D7100 and D810 with my Samsung Galaxy Note II and Helicon Remote Android.